Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Johnh; re: orthopod's visit

Posted by dfeet on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018216)

Thanks ,John, for your input. I don't know what you mean by steroid pack? When did you decide about TTS release surgery? I know you mentioned about having it done in conjunction with the Pf surgery, but what TTs symptoms did you have which may have contributed to your decision? I spoke to my PT today also , and he was just great. Between this website and my PT I think I'll be able to keep some sanity. Thanks again.

Re: To Johnh; re: orthopod's visit

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018224)

i checked positive for Tinel's sign on both feet and had EMG's on both feet. The Dr who conducted the EMG(orthopedic surgeon) said i had 'mild' TTS in both feet. My foot surgeon said even with a positive EMG test it was very much a shot in the dark with a TTS Release and left the call up to me. My only question to him was what are the chances of the TTS making it worse? His reply was in only one case had a patient been worse and it was a diabetic. Since i was having an open PF and a Cheilectomy (big toe 2nd joint spur removal) all on same foot i decided to go for the 3 bagger because i would always wonder if i did not do it. I had no shooting pains or pain other than pain where the fascia attaches to the heel (both feet).

The steriod pack i mentioned was Predinsone which is a powerful drug frequently used by people with RA and Chrones disease. Lots of side effects if used for any length of time. The routine dossage is to use it for 12 days starting with a high dose and diminishing dosage every 4 days. I had no side effects as i doubt many would using it for only 12 days. the doctors refer to it as a steriod pack. why i do not know. it certainly reduced pain.

Re: To Johnh; re: orthopod's visit

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018224)

i checked positive for Tinel's sign on both feet and had EMG's on both feet. The Dr who conducted the EMG(orthopedic surgeon) said i had 'mild' TTS in both feet. My foot surgeon said even with a positive EMG test it was very much a shot in the dark with a TTS Release and left the call up to me. My only question to him was what are the chances of the TTS making it worse? His reply was in only one case had a patient been worse and it was a diabetic. Since i was having an open PF and a Cheilectomy (big toe 2nd joint spur removal) all on same foot i decided to go for the 3 bagger because i would always wonder if i did not do it. I had no shooting pains or pain other than pain where the fascia attaches to the heel (both feet).

The steriod pack i mentioned was Predinsone which is a powerful drug frequently used by people with RA and Chrones disease. Lots of side effects if used for any length of time. The routine dossage is to use it for 12 days starting with a high dose and diminishing dosage every 4 days. I had no side effects as i doubt many would using it for only 12 days. the doctors refer to it as a steriod pack. why i do not know. it certainly reduced pain.