Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to LaurieR: Re: orthopod

Posted by dfeet on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018219)

Hi, Laurie. Thank you for your response. It does sound like we have a lot in common with our conditions. Did they cast you because of the PF or for the TTS? Casting was not an option since my PF had pretty much cleared up. But I was a little confused since i had read that they sometimes cast for TTS also. I thank you for your encouragement. It is sometimes hard to keep things in perspective. I just lost it a little today . My PT gave me a bit of an up lift also. He reassured me that things will get better and although the progress is very slow there is still progress. So thank you again. Hang in there and Good luck!

Re: to LaurieR: Re: orthopod Re dfeet

Laurie R on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018222)

Hi dfeet,
He put me in the cast for TTS my PF is doing much better even better with the cast on because my foot can't move at all.I have had alot of days like the one you had today,the TTS surgery is not a option for me because my pod said that it might not help me and it could due more harm than good and what I have read about it I don't want to even try it at this point.I will say this cast has been the only thing that has helped with the TTS so far. I still have pain and my foot still goes numb and burns but at least I can deal with it a few weeks ago I about lost my mind due to the pain nothing helped it.I know this cast is not going to cure it but the rest is not going to hurt it either.Did you say your doctor would not put a cast on you for TTS? I am glad you feel a little bit better than today ,we are all here for you.My best to you and I hope you feel better.Laurie

Re: to LaurieR: Re: orthopod Re dfeet

Laurie R on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018222)

Hi dfeet,
He put me in the cast for TTS my PF is doing much better even better with the cast on because my foot can't move at all.I have had alot of days like the one you had today,the TTS surgery is not a option for me because my pod said that it might not help me and it could due more harm than good and what I have read about it I don't want to even try it at this point.I will say this cast has been the only thing that has helped with the TTS so far. I still have pain and my foot still goes numb and burns but at least I can deal with it a few weeks ago I about lost my mind due to the pain nothing helped it.I know this cast is not going to cure it but the rest is not going to hurt it either.Did you say your doctor would not put a cast on you for TTS? I am glad you feel a little bit better than today ,we are all here for you.My best to you and I hope you feel better.Laurie