Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Lorie R, RE: orthopod's visit PF-->TTS?

Posted by dfeet on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018221)

Hi, Lorie. Yes Pf can lead into TTs, or so I was told(and have experienced). Tts however should be confirmed with further tests---MRI, EMG(a nerve conduction test), symptoms, Bloodwork to rule out any other causes. There is a symptom called Tinel's Sign which is a hallmark of TTS. Your doc should test you for all these things, especially if you are experiencing burning, tingling pain especially at bedtime and mostly in the inside area of your ankle(medial malleolus)and down your big toe. But make certain your doc checks you thoroughly. Good Luck!!

Re: to Lorie R, RE: orthopod's visit PF-->TTS?

cindyp on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018227)

So now I have a quesiton. So a sign of tts is pain in the inside area of your ankle(medial malleolus)and down your big toe? What is your pain is the outside area of your ankle? down to your smaller toes? especially painful when weight or pressure is applied. and spasms shooting down and through your foot?

dfeet on 4/04/00 at 00:00 (018289)

Hi cindyp. Sorry but i have no clue what your symptoms could be. But i do know one thing Do Not let them go on any further. Talk to you Doc asap. It has been found that most of PF or TTS can be cured if diagnosed early on. So talk to your Doc now! Good luck!

Lori R. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018315)

Do you recommend a podiatrist or an orthopedist? I haven't seen one. I have no tingling or burning. Sounds yucky!!!

cindyp on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018227)

So now I have a quesiton. So a sign of tts is pain in the inside area of your ankle(medial malleolus)and down your big toe? What is your pain is the outside area of your ankle? down to your smaller toes? especially painful when weight or pressure is applied. and spasms shooting down and through your foot?

dfeet on 4/04/00 at 00:00 (018289)

Hi cindyp. Sorry but i have no clue what your symptoms could be. But i do know one thing Do Not let them go on any further. Talk to you Doc asap. It has been found that most of PF or TTS can be cured if diagnosed early on. So talk to your Doc now! Good luck!

Lori R. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018315)

Do you recommend a podiatrist or an orthopedist? I haven't seen one. I have no tingling or burning. Sounds yucky!!!