Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Chiropractor/Icing

Posted by florina on 4/04/00 at 00:00 (018277)

This is the third week that I am attending the chiropractic sessions. Both feet hurts and he is giving me electrical impulses, that are supposed to increase the level of endorphines in my feet which is a natural pain killer. The only problem is that my heels hurt more (especially the right one), should I stop the sessions or this sympton is normal. Please help.

Also when I ice my heels afterwards I have ankle pain. Is this arthritis? What should I do in this case? Please help.

Re: Chiropractor/Icing

BrendaKe on 4/04/00 at 00:00 (018304)

I started iciing my foot by rolling it(massageing) on a frozen bottle of water instead of just resting it on an ice bag. It spreads out the cold and feels great, just don't do it too long. I saw my Chiro. today about my PF. He did adjustments for now. Will see him next week for a recheck, and go from there.

florina on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018333)

What type of adjustment is your chiropractor doing on you feet?

BrendaK on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018501)

florina, My Chiro is a Dr. of Chiro and Applied Kinesiology. I can't explain what he does other than to say, he tests different areas of my foot for strength or weakness and adjusts(realigns) joints, etc that show weakness, then retests and adjusts till it shows strength. I have great faith in him as he has helped me alot in the past with low back pain, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, etc. Mostly related to my job. I work in a fabric store. At this point, my first visit for PF, he thinks stress has caused my adrenal glands to be overworked and that in turn caused my PF. He wants me to take vitamin B6 and niacinamide. He wants me to come back next week for a free recheck of my heel, if it isn't helping he may tape it.

BrendaKe on 4/04/00 at 00:00 (018304)

I started iciing my foot by rolling it(massageing) on a frozen bottle of water instead of just resting it on an ice bag. It spreads out the cold and feels great, just don't do it too long. I saw my Chiro. today about my PF. He did adjustments for now. Will see him next week for a recheck, and go from there.

florina on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018333)

What type of adjustment is your chiropractor doing on you feet?

BrendaK on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018501)

florina, My Chiro is a Dr. of Chiro and Applied Kinesiology. I can't explain what he does other than to say, he tests different areas of my foot for strength or weakness and adjusts(realigns) joints, etc that show weakness, then retests and adjusts till it shows strength. I have great faith in him as he has helped me alot in the past with low back pain, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, etc. Mostly related to my job. I work in a fabric store. At this point, my first visit for PF, he thinks stress has caused my adrenal glands to be overworked and that in turn caused my PF. He wants me to take vitamin B6 and niacinamide. He wants me to come back next week for a free recheck of my heel, if it isn't helping he may tape it.