Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF Humor

Posted by Bob G. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018310)

Three Orthos and three Pods are traveling by train to a foot conference.

At the station, the tree Pods each buy tickets and watch as the three Orthos only buy a single ticket. 'How are three people going to travel on only one ticket? asks a Pod. 'Watch and you'll see, ' answers an Ortho.

They all board the train. The Pods take their respective seats, but all three Orthos cram into a restroom and close the door behind them.

Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, 'Ticket, please.' The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on.

The Pods saw this and agreed it was a quite clever idea. So after the foot conference the Pods decide to copy the Orthos on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money and all that). When they get to a station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Orthos don't buy a ticket at all.

'How are you going to travel without a ticket?' says one perplexed Pod. 'Watch and you'll see,' answers an Ortho.

When they board a train, the three Pods cram into a restroom and the three Orthos cram into another one nearby. The train departs.

Shortly afterward, one of the Pods leaves his restroom and walks to the restroom were the Orthos are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, 'Ticket, please.'

Re: PF Humor

john a on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018335)

Either I'm being exceptionally dense, or you blew the punchline: should'nt you have switched 'pods' and 'orthos' in the last paragraph? (if that's it, very funny! if not, well, it won't be the first joke I didn't get...)

Bob G. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018353)

You are wide awake, John, and I was not. I blew the punch-line. Next time (if there is a next time) I will proof read. Darn! it would have been a good joke, too...

Humor can sometimes take your mind off pain or worries. Anybody got a good foot joke?

john a on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018335)

Either I'm being exceptionally dense, or you blew the punchline: should'nt you have switched 'pods' and 'orthos' in the last paragraph? (if that's it, very funny! if not, well, it won't be the first joke I didn't get...)

Bob G. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018353)

You are wide awake, John, and I was not. I blew the punch-line. Next time (if there is a next time) I will proof read. Darn! it would have been a good joke, too...

Humor can sometimes take your mind off pain or worries. Anybody got a good foot joke?