Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Success Story

Posted by Bob G. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018311)

Had my first tennis lesson this evening. Boy, was I nervous about my PF - the last thing that I want to injure. The lesson lasted a little over an hour and was I winded! But, my foot feels great!

I credit over six months of TOTAL REST. More like ten months because of the over-stretching. I could not be happier! Well, hard to say, but I can jog (lightly), dance (lightly), and look forward to tennis because I let this PF heal before attempting recovery.

I know it's there; I can feel it. I may have to live with it, but if it comes back I know what to do first - rest it.

Whoever thunk I'd be enthused about REST. I hope this helps somebody.

Re: Success Story

Nancy S. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018313)

Well it helps me, Bob. Congratulations on the tennis lesson going well! Your patience is paying off. I'm happy for you --Nancy

Lori R. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018317)

I can see how rest helps. I have been icing at work, stretching, walking lightly and not pounding my feet. I feel better already. I also take arnica which is homeopathic and a homeopathic cream called traumeel. Everything seems to be working. I guess it is not running also of course. I have learned alot from allyou guys and gals about PF in 4 days. Thanks for being there.

dfeet on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018355)

From one tennis player to another-CONGRATULATIONS!!I am so happy for you. What do you mean by 'REST'. Were you able to take time off of work, did you have casts, did you simply alter you activity level? Thanks for the info. Hit hard and serve well(gee, I feel like Spock-live long and prosper) to staying healthy!!

Bob G. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018375)

Hello, defeet, hope you are doing okay with your recovery program.

Rest means rest. I cannot explain except what I did - total rest. It took me over 6 months to get the pain to go away such that I could begin doing anything. I could only walk with great caution for many months. I gained many pounds of unwanted excess weight, but now I am working that off. Thanks to rest, total rest.

The tennis is killing my right knee! But my foot is doing fine...

Nancy S. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018313)

Well it helps me, Bob. Congratulations on the tennis lesson going well! Your patience is paying off. I'm happy for you --Nancy

Lori R. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018317)

I can see how rest helps. I have been icing at work, stretching, walking lightly and not pounding my feet. I feel better already. I also take arnica which is homeopathic and a homeopathic cream called traumeel. Everything seems to be working. I guess it is not running also of course. I have learned alot from allyou guys and gals about PF in 4 days. Thanks for being there.

dfeet on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018355)

From one tennis player to another-CONGRATULATIONS!!I am so happy for you. What do you mean by 'REST'. Were you able to take time off of work, did you have casts, did you simply alter you activity level? Thanks for the info. Hit hard and serve well(gee, I feel like Spock-live long and prosper) to staying healthy!!

Bob G. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018375)

Hello, defeet, hope you are doing okay with your recovery program.

Rest means rest. I cannot explain except what I did - total rest. It took me over 6 months to get the pain to go away such that I could begin doing anything. I could only walk with great caution for many months. I gained many pounds of unwanted excess weight, but now I am working that off. Thanks to rest, total rest.

The tennis is killing my right knee! But my foot is doing fine...