Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron aftercare

Posted by Beth D. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018332)

What has Dr. Gordon or Dr. Galea told you to do after your ossatron treatments? Medications? Shoes? Activities? Rest? What to expect?

Thanks for all your remarks.

Beth
posted to the eswt board

Re: Ossatron aftercare

GinaC on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018354)

First, it seems everyone had slightly different aftercare instructions. I was treated by Dr. Gordon and he had me
-wear gel heel cups for first 2 weeks; never go barefoot; wear birks as 'house shoes'
-wait 3 or 4 days after treatment and then take the anti-inflam drug Celebrex for 3 weeks
-wait 2 or 3 days after treatment and go for ultrasound (9 sessions or about 3 weeks, every other day)
-take it easy with walking the first 3/4 weeks
-ice after the first 3/4 days
-do 2 stretches several times a day (wall stretch and sitting calf stretch) for the duration

I was also told that pain after treatment is to be expected, as the area has been 'injured' and will take up to 12 weeks to heal. At six weeks, I still stretch and ice and/or rest as needed...and wait to see what the next 6 weeks bring.
posted to the eswt board

Re: Ossatron aftercare

GinaC on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018354)

First, it seems everyone had slightly different aftercare instructions. I was treated by Dr. Gordon and he had me
-wear gel heel cups for first 2 weeks; never go barefoot; wear birks as 'house shoes'
-wait 3 or 4 days after treatment and then take the anti-inflam drug Celebrex for 3 weeks
-wait 2 or 3 days after treatment and go for ultrasound (9 sessions or about 3 weeks, every other day)
-take it easy with walking the first 3/4 weeks
-ice after the first 3/4 days
-do 2 stretches several times a day (wall stretch and sitting calf stretch) for the duration

I was also told that pain after treatment is to be expected, as the area has been 'injured' and will take up to 12 weeks to heal. At six weeks, I still stretch and ice and/or rest as needed...and wait to see what the next 6 weeks bring.
posted to the eswt board