Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is this possible???

Posted by Colleen G on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018359)

I went back to my podiatrist yesterday for a follow up. He said that my heel pain now is a bursitis. What is this and is it possible? How does he know this from just touching? He is also going to send me for physical therapy. I really need help and am getting very frustrated.

colleen

Re: Is this possible???

Nancy S. on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018386)

Colleen, catch us up a little. You had PF surgery, yes? And your recovery has not gone too well, and you were going to get another opinion, is this right? Did you get another opinion? Bursitis, as I understand it, is inflammation where bone meets tendon. You sound frustrated with your doctor, and perhaps it's time to have a consult with a brand new one. It sounds as if you might need some x rays or tests to figure out what's going on in there since the surgery, and to find out if this new bursitis diagnosis holds any water. I don't think I would just take his word for it after all this time. You can always go back to him if it turns out he's on target, but I would get a new evaluation if I were you. Best of luck! --Nancy S.

Re: Is this possible???RE

Laurie R on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018413)

Hello colleen,
You had surgery right? Have you tryed PT yet? It did help me with my PF but it did nothing for my TTS.My therapist use to give me deep tissue massage it was wonderful .Now do you also have TTS? Maybe the PT will help you.I wish you all the best I do know it is frustrating but hang in their it will get better. Laurie R

Re: Is this possible???RE -- to Laurie

Nancy S. on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018422)

Hi there, Laurie! Did you see John C's posts above about the massages he got from a chiropractor? Do his descriptions sound anything like your PT's massages? 'See' you later, 50-cupcake maker --Nancy

Re: Is this possible???RE -- to LaurieRe Nancy

Laurie R on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018429)

Hello Nancy,
You know I did read the post and it does sound the same as what I was getting also my therapist would use ultra sound and than ice,he use to tell me Laurie you only come here for the massage and I would say that's right.It wouls feel so so good he would always get the right spot,it hurt but it felt good at the same time.That is one thing I am looking forward to is when I get my cast off I can go back to therapy I miss it my therapist is wonderful also the other people that go there are so cool too. Nancy Aliccia said the kids loved the cup cakes so all that hard work was worth it........have a good night talk to you soon.....Laurie R

Re: Is this possible???Nancy S and Laurie R

Colleen G on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018464)

I went to get a second opinion. He said that I never did have PF and that my pain is from my post tibeor tendons not functioning. He wants to jump to surgery. He was recommended by therapists I work with.(I work in a school with special needs pre schoolers) He didn't take xrays or anything. NOw I am trying to figure out who I should see next. MY DPM is now going to send my for PT with ultrasound and other stuff. He also wanted to give me another injection, but I have had three and told him no.

Laurie I do not have TTS. It was going good for a while but over the past month it has been downhill.

If any of you have any suggestions on how to find a good orthopeadic or podiatrist please, please, please let my know.

Thanks.
Colleen

Re: Is this possible???Nancy S and Laurie RRe

Laurie R on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018468)

Hello Colleen,
First of all I am so sorry to hear that you have this wrong with you.PLEASE before you go and have surgery take a few to figure out everything.How did this doctor come to say you have this and not PF? Did other doctor tell you ,you had PF and TTS? Hang in their it will be ok.My very best to you.Laurie R

Re: Is this possible???

Nancy S. on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018386)

Colleen, catch us up a little. You had PF surgery, yes? And your recovery has not gone too well, and you were going to get another opinion, is this right? Did you get another opinion? Bursitis, as I understand it, is inflammation where bone meets tendon. You sound frustrated with your doctor, and perhaps it's time to have a consult with a brand new one. It sounds as if you might need some x rays or tests to figure out what's going on in there since the surgery, and to find out if this new bursitis diagnosis holds any water. I don't think I would just take his word for it after all this time. You can always go back to him if it turns out he's on target, but I would get a new evaluation if I were you. Best of luck! --Nancy S.

Re: Is this possible???RE

Laurie R on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018413)

Hello colleen,
You had surgery right? Have you tryed PT yet? It did help me with my PF but it did nothing for my TTS.My therapist use to give me deep tissue massage it was wonderful .Now do you also have TTS? Maybe the PT will help you.I wish you all the best I do know it is frustrating but hang in their it will get better. Laurie R

Re: Is this possible???RE -- to Laurie

Nancy S. on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018422)

Hi there, Laurie! Did you see John C's posts above about the massages he got from a chiropractor? Do his descriptions sound anything like your PT's massages? 'See' you later, 50-cupcake maker --Nancy

Re: Is this possible???RE -- to LaurieRe Nancy

Laurie R on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018429)

Hello Nancy,
You know I did read the post and it does sound the same as what I was getting also my therapist would use ultra sound and than ice,he use to tell me Laurie you only come here for the massage and I would say that's right.It wouls feel so so good he would always get the right spot,it hurt but it felt good at the same time.That is one thing I am looking forward to is when I get my cast off I can go back to therapy I miss it my therapist is wonderful also the other people that go there are so cool too. Nancy Aliccia said the kids loved the cup cakes so all that hard work was worth it........have a good night talk to you soon.....Laurie R

Re: Is this possible???Nancy S and Laurie R

Colleen G on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018464)

I went to get a second opinion. He said that I never did have PF and that my pain is from my post tibeor tendons not functioning. He wants to jump to surgery. He was recommended by therapists I work with.(I work in a school with special needs pre schoolers) He didn't take xrays or anything. NOw I am trying to figure out who I should see next. MY DPM is now going to send my for PT with ultrasound and other stuff. He also wanted to give me another injection, but I have had three and told him no.

Laurie I do not have TTS. It was going good for a while but over the past month it has been downhill.

If any of you have any suggestions on how to find a good orthopeadic or podiatrist please, please, please let my know.

Thanks.
Colleen

Re: Is this possible???Nancy S and Laurie RRe

Laurie R on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018468)

Hello Colleen,
First of all I am so sorry to hear that you have this wrong with you.PLEASE before you go and have surgery take a few to figure out everything.How did this doctor come to say you have this and not PF? Did other doctor tell you ,you had PF and TTS? Hang in their it will be ok.My very best to you.Laurie R

Re: Is this possible when both feet are affected?

Kim B. on 8/06/00 at 15:45 (024767)

I have PF in both feet. I this diagnosis possible when both feet are affected?

Regards, Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/06/00 at 18:24 (024774)

I would think that this is possible. You could have two different stages going on in each foot.

Kim B. on 8/06/00 at 15:45 (024767)

I have PF in both feet. I this diagnosis possible when both feet are affected?

Regards, Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/06/00 at 18:24 (024774)

I would think that this is possible. You could have two different stages going on in each foot.