Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pre-Custom Orthotic-No Return Policy

Posted by Mary J. on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018377)

For anyone thinking of buying the Pre-Custom Orthotic listed in the Products, don't expect to be able to return them. I thought at first they were too expensive, but I could return them if they didn't work. Sure enough, they didn't work, and I returned them right away for a refund. Instead of a refund, I got a call saying they were sending the orthotics back because there is no return policy under any circumstances. So I lost $85.00 on a pair of orthotics similar to some I had seen at a Medical store for $35.00. From now on I won't order anything that is not returnable.

Re: Pre-Custom Orthotic-No Return Policy

Mary Ann S on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018378)

I have tried these also. I couldn't wear them as they really made my foot hurt. The arch hit in the wrong place. It is an expensive item.

Tom H on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018423)

Try DrKiper.com. He makes customized orthotics out of silicon, which are a lot softer and are supposed to be a lot better for PF than hard ones. They are a little more expensive since they are custom made to your foot, but you you just have to pay $10 up front and you can wear them for sixty days. If they work for you and you like them you pay the balance, if not you return them for no charge. He also has e-mails of numerous patients you can ask about their experiences. He also consults with you by e-mail and phone. Kind of a no lose deal.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018427)

I use a product called powersteps. They are made by a podiatrist (not
me). They had a thirty day money back return with a life time wear guarantee. My patients love them. Much better then the 300-500 dollar orthosis that I could sell you. I don't have them on my web site but if you want to try them just call my office and either buy them or ask them to give you the name of the company you can buy them from.
They may even be a web site. Try looking up the word powersteps.
The cost is $35 dollars.

Mary Ann S on 4/05/00 at 00:00 (018378)

I have tried these also. I couldn't wear them as they really made my foot hurt. The arch hit in the wrong place. It is an expensive item.

Tom H on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018423)

Try DrKiper.com. He makes customized orthotics out of silicon, which are a lot softer and are supposed to be a lot better for PF than hard ones. They are a little more expensive since they are custom made to your foot, but you you just have to pay $10 up front and you can wear them for sixty days. If they work for you and you like them you pay the balance, if not you return them for no charge. He also has e-mails of numerous patients you can ask about their experiences. He also consults with you by e-mail and phone. Kind of a no lose deal.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018427)

I use a product called powersteps. They are made by a podiatrist (not
me). They had a thirty day money back return with a life time wear guarantee. My patients love them. Much better then the 300-500 dollar orthosis that I could sell you. I don't have them on my web site but if you want to try them just call my office and either buy them or ask them to give you the name of the company you can buy them from.
They may even be a web site. Try looking up the word powersteps.
The cost is $35 dollars.