Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

confirmation of Thai massage stretching principles

Posted by alan k on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018385)

I saw a book at bn.com (or was it amazon?) which apparantly is a popular American book on stretching which also bases it's system on not holding stretches to prevent the contraction reaction which muscles undergo once held in a stretch. The bn.com description includes a brief explanation which is identical to Thai massage principles.

'The Whartons stretch book'

alan k

Re: confirmation of Thai massage stretching principles

Nancy S. on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018388)

I checked out the description, and sure enough, it advises what you posted several days ago. As testimony, I can tell you that I started doing the calf stretches without holding them four days ago, and added calf massage. Already my calf muscles feel definitely less tight, and for the last two days I have noticed the PF irritation I caused from overstretching is decreased. I can't tell you how happy I am about this. --Nancy

Re: confirmation of Thai massage stretching principles

Nancy S. on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018388)

I checked out the description, and sure enough, it advises what you posted several days ago. As testimony, I can tell you that I started doing the calf stretches without holding them four days ago, and added calf massage. Already my calf muscles feel definitely less tight, and for the last two days I have noticed the PF irritation I caused from overstretching is decreased. I can't tell you how happy I am about this. --Nancy