Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Contraction Reaction

Posted by Bob G. on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018434)

I like doing stretching without holding. About 3 or 4 each leg several times a day is working out fine. But when my muscles are really warmed up I do hold for about 20 seconds. This I do once or twice a day.

Saturday night I will be doing the jitterbug (at the Madonona Inn, San Luis Obispo) and telling my partner it's called 'The Contraction Reaction'!

Re: Contraction Reaction

john h on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018449)

the jitterbug with PF? why not go for some kick boxing also? you are made of sterner stuff than me.

Bob G. on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018491)

LOL. Actually, the Jitterbug can be a lot more body movement than foot stress. I will probably sit out any Polkas and concentrate on easy Waltzs and Foxtrots. I will take an ibuprofen after dinner and before dancing, wear my Thorlo Socks and Birtenstock Arch Supports. I'll also wear a knee brace on the right knee because 'The knee bone's connected to the shin bone, and the shin bones connected to...'

john h on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018449)

the jitterbug with PF? why not go for some kick boxing also? you are made of sterner stuff than me.

Bob G. on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018491)

LOL. Actually, the Jitterbug can be a lot more body movement than foot stress. I will probably sit out any Polkas and concentrate on easy Waltzs and Foxtrots. I will take an ibuprofen after dinner and before dancing, wear my Thorlo Socks and Birtenstock Arch Supports. I'll also wear a knee brace on the right knee because 'The knee bone's connected to the shin bone, and the shin bones connected to...'