Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitas

Posted by Natalie on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018471)

I guess I'm one of those people who didn't recognize the signs of plantar fasciitas until it was too late. Now that I look back over the past several months, I had all the signs. With all that I have read, none of it relates to my problem now. You see, the other night I felt this 'pop' sensation in my left heel. Surgery isn't really an issue at this point because the plantar facial tore on its own. I am now in a caste probably for the next several weeks. Is there anyone out there who has reached this point or can give me some advice?

Re: plantar fasciitas

john h on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018480)

natalie: one of my doctors is an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon with a fellowship in foot an ankle surgery. she is one of those people who swim with the sharks, climbs big mountains and lives on the edge. some years ago she had pf and shortly afer it began completly tore her fascia from her heel. she is back swiming with the sharks in south america and doing a lot of crazy things and seems to do very well. i do not think she runs anymore however.

Natalie on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018577)

thanks for responding John H. its encouraging--do you know how long her rehab was and what it entailed?

john h on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018480)

natalie: one of my doctors is an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon with a fellowship in foot an ankle surgery. she is one of those people who swim with the sharks, climbs big mountains and lives on the edge. some years ago she had pf and shortly afer it began completly tore her fascia from her heel. she is back swiming with the sharks in south america and doing a lot of crazy things and seems to do very well. i do not think she runs anymore however.

Natalie on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018577)

thanks for responding John H. its encouraging--do you know how long her rehab was and what it entailed?