Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: for the rest of your life?

Posted by Nancy S. on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018482)

That was an inspiring vigilance/prevention post, Bob. So Bob, are you going to wear the night splint for the rest of your life? I'm serious.
By the way, what is a 'reverse mortgage'? It sounds like an arrangement where the BANK pays YOU to live in your house. I would like one of those, please!
--Nancy

Susan S on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018484)

I asked the same question regarding my splint at my last doctors visit. He assured me that it would only be a matter of months. But after the setback that I experienced when I left it off one night I am fully prepared to wear it for the rest of my life. I just remind hubby every night 'If there is a fire. Don't leave me!'

Bob G. on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018489)

Right, Susan! Yes, Nancy, I am wearing my nightsplint everynight with arch support (in case I have to get up) and Strassburg Sock (makes the whole contraption comfortable). I plan to wear it indefinately until I am sure I'm recovered.
The night splint used to make it difficult to sleep, and even woke me up when I did get some sleep. But now that I am used to it I can get to sleep and stay asleep and wake up well-rested, night splint intact.

I suggest make wearing the night splint a HABIT. 'Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny,' the maxim goes. From 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' by Stephen R. Covey. A very good read.

Nancy, my web site is not foot-related, so I won't post it here, but feel free to e-mail me.

Susan S on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018484)

I asked the same question regarding my splint at my last doctors visit. He assured me that it would only be a matter of months. But after the setback that I experienced when I left it off one night I am fully prepared to wear it for the rest of my life. I just remind hubby every night 'If there is a fire. Don't leave me!'

Bob G. on 4/08/00 at 00:00 (018489)

Right, Susan! Yes, Nancy, I am wearing my nightsplint everynight with arch support (in case I have to get up) and Strassburg Sock (makes the whole contraption comfortable). I plan to wear it indefinately until I am sure I'm recovered.
The night splint used to make it difficult to sleep, and even woke me up when I did get some sleep. But now that I am used to it I can get to sleep and stay asleep and wake up well-rested, night splint intact.

I suggest make wearing the night splint a HABIT. 'Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny,' the maxim goes. From 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' by Stephen R. Covey. A very good read.

Nancy, my web site is not foot-related, so I won't post it here, but feel free to e-mail me.