Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

questions about Sonorex

Posted by Jon on 4/09/00 at 00:00 (018510)

Dear Sonorex,

I had had mild tendinitis in my left wrist about 6 years ago. While I have had no pain in the area, I feel that my left hand are wrist are weaker dispite years of strengthening. I think that there is a lot of post- imflamation waste and scar tissue in the area that her never went away. I cannot really use a computer keyboard for play guitar for very long. The tender area on my writst is small and localized. I can find the 5 mm by 5 mm area that likey contains the scar. My questions are, whether Sonorex can make the problem worse, and if my case sounds like it could be successfully treated by the Sonecur. I am moving toward getting the treatment but I want to know approximatly how successful you think treatment would be for me; I don not want to be one of the 25 percent of people who are unsuccessful or who experience little benefit. Also, is it reccommended that I get the 3 treatments every second day, or once a week for three weeks?

Thank you,

Jon
posted to the eswt board

Re: questions about tts (sorry for so many)RE tapping on ankel

Laurie R on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013775)

Hi To all,Ok I had asked my Podiatrist if I had TTS he said no because I did'nt have pain going up my leg.I did the tapping on my ankel and under it and this is what happens when I do it ,It is real easy for me to fined the spot,I get a numb feeling and a tingling sensation now I have thought all the time I had TTs because all my pain is in my arch and under my ankel.Any thoughts? Please anyone let me know. I would really appreciate it.Also as well as PF my Podiatrist said I have a entrapped nerve.but I think how long does a entrapped nerve last? thanks to all Laurie R

john h on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013784)

stays trapped until what ever is pressing on it goes away. if it is inflamation try ice. if it is something like a vericose vein or bone then it probably want go away and you may have to consider surgery.

Re: questions about tts (sorry for so many)RE tapping To alan

Laurie R on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013794)

Hi Alan Ok When I tap on just under my ankel my foot tingels from my big toe all on that side of my foot .I told my pt today and when he tap on my ankel it did that tingeling thing too.my foot also goes numb.Alan you know what is funny?My foot goes numb whether I am on it or off it and it also tingels when I am off it just sitting with my foot up.Does anyone know why it does this or does anyone else have this too.Please let me Know.

Re: questions about Sonorex

Scott R on 4/09/00 at 00:00 (018512)

I have found that massage helps my tendinitis a great deal.

posted to the eswt board

David L on 4/09/00 at 00:00 (018524)

Thanks for your interest, Jon. While you say that you don't have pain in the area, and you don't have tendinitis anymore, you are able to find a tenmayder spot which must cause you some pain. I would suggest seeing a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis of your condition to be sure that it is tendinitis, and not something else, such as a nerve entrapment which may be causing pain and weakness.
Studies have shown that low energy ESWT (ie Sonocur), is not going to make anybody's condition worse...although it may stay the same, or you may be one of those 75-90% who get better. Obviously, nobody wants to be one of the percentage that fails, but an accurate diagnosis can go a long way towards your treatment success.
As for treatment frequency, generally, people have one treatment per week for three weeks, although some patients who travel from out of town will have it on a faster pace. It is mostly geared to patient comfort. 3-4 weeks down the road, the main thing is that patients have had a minimum of 6000 pulses.
Sincerely,
David Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers Toll Free 1 877 766-6287 http://www.sonorex.com

posted to the eswt board

Laurie R on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013775)

Hi To all,Ok I had asked my Podiatrist if I had TTS he said no because I did'nt have pain going up my leg.I did the tapping on my ankel and under it and this is what happens when I do it ,It is real easy for me to fined the spot,I get a numb feeling and a tingling sensation now I have thought all the time I had TTs because all my pain is in my arch and under my ankel.Any thoughts? Please anyone let me know. I would really appreciate it.Also as well as PF my Podiatrist said I have a entrapped nerve.but I think how long does a entrapped nerve last? thanks to all Laurie R

john h on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013784)

stays trapped until what ever is pressing on it goes away. if it is inflamation try ice. if it is something like a vericose vein or bone then it probably want go away and you may have to consider surgery.

Re: questions about tts (sorry for so many)RE tapping To alan

Laurie R on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013794)

Hi Alan Ok When I tap on just under my ankel my foot tingels from my big toe all on that side of my foot .I told my pt today and when he tap on my ankel it did that tingeling thing too.my foot also goes numb.Alan you know what is funny?My foot goes numb whether I am on it or off it and it also tingels when I am off it just sitting with my foot up.Does anyone know why it does this or does anyone else have this too.Please let me Know.

Scott R on 4/09/00 at 00:00 (018512)

I have found that massage helps my tendinitis a great deal.

posted to the eswt board

David L on 4/09/00 at 00:00 (018524)

Thanks for your interest, Jon. While you say that you don't have pain in the area, and you don't have tendinitis anymore, you are able to find a tenmayder spot which must cause you some pain. I would suggest seeing a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis of your condition to be sure that it is tendinitis, and not something else, such as a nerve entrapment which may be causing pain and weakness.
Studies have shown that low energy ESWT (ie Sonocur), is not going to make anybody's condition worse...although it may stay the same, or you may be one of those 75-90% who get better. Obviously, nobody wants to be one of the percentage that fails, but an accurate diagnosis can go a long way towards your treatment success.
As for treatment frequency, generally, people have one treatment per week for three weeks, although some patients who travel from out of town will have it on a faster pace. It is mostly geared to patient comfort. 3-4 weeks down the road, the main thing is that patients have had a minimum of 6000 pulses.
Sincerely,
David Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers Toll Free 1 877 766-6287 http://www.sonorex.com

posted to the eswt board