Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Me - my feet - my trip

Posted by wendyn on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018560)

I had a great time in Chicago and Indianapolis. Not very nice weather though! I return even more confused about what's happening with my feet.

Our second day there I shopped for a few hours on 'The Magnificent Mile'. The following night I was up dancing for a couple hours. The next day (over the course of the day) I walked approximately 30 or more big city blocks (decided that I didn't like Chicago cab drivers and I would manage on my own). Felt fine the next day.

Yesterday I sat on a plane all afternoon - today my feet hurt.

Go figure.

I think that all the walking I was able to do is certainly an indication that things are improving, but it's still unpredictable. Sitting for long periods (like at a desk or on the plane) almost seems to make things worse. Hmmmmm.

I am happy that they improved at the right time though - and I had a good vacation. Today it's back to reality though......

Glad to see you are all doing well - and I realized a lot happens on this board in 10 days! I gave up trying to get caught up.

Laurie how are things for you?

Oh - the day I did all the walking, I was determined to get to the Dr Scholls foot museum in downtown Chicago. Interesting little place - has the history of Dr Scholl and podiatry, and a lot of interesting 'foot related stuff'. I of course did this tour alone, being unable to find anyone interested in joining me. Folks from this board or podiatrists would find this place interesting - but I don't think anyone else would- not your typical tourist attraction.

There was a neat little computer there that showed all different angles and layers of the foot. You could point to a spot and the computer would tell you what was located in that spot. Now I know what all my sore spots are called! No...this was not the highlight of my trip (makes my life sound pretty boring) but I thought you might be interested.

Re: Me - my feet - my trip

wendyn on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018561)

I think that type of pain is pretty common. When I had it worse than I do now if I was moving around the pain would pretty much go away. But if I got up after a long period of rest it would be pretty rough. Patty

Nancy S. on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018565)

Welcome back, Wendy! I wondered where you went. One day you mentioned a plane, and then poof, you were gone. (That's what worries me about planes.) Sounds like you had a great time -- and I'm SO impressed: dancing, and walking 30 Chicago blocks. Wonderful. The pain after plane is probably the usual, as Patty said. Hope it's decreased tomorrow. Welcome back again, you were missed. --Nancy

Re: Me - my feet - my tripRe Wendyn

Laurie R on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018573)

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for asking how I was doing,ok are you ready? I still have the hard cast on it has been almost 4 weeks this is the second one ,I went in to see my Pod 1.5 ago and he made me a new one cause the first one broke on the bottom anyways the first 2.5 weeks with cast was wonderful the pain was about half now I am back in all kinds of pain I am really upset because I thought I was doing good.I will tell you it has helped with the PF pain that is about 90% better it is just the TTS pain my foot keeps going numb and I keep getting sharp pains in my arch and ankle.I go back to my Pod on thursday I think he will take this cast off and I will go into a air cast I want to get back to therapy also.I hope you are doing better than me,this is so hard but I know it will get better when I don't know I hope soon.Laurie R

Bob G. on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018579)

Wendyn, you brought back such memories of Chicago for me. Stationed at Great Lakes Michigan, I'd take the train into Chicago for weekends and WALK Chicago in my Navy gear. I walked that town and walked it again and again; I remember being a fast, strong walker.

Now I stretch and reminisce...

alan k on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018619)

I just got back from Chicago today, also walked all over, but I didn't know there was a foot museum and I am full of regrets.

alan k

wendyn on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018561)

I think that type of pain is pretty common. When I had it worse than I do now if I was moving around the pain would pretty much go away. But if I got up after a long period of rest it would be pretty rough. Patty

Nancy S. on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018565)

Welcome back, Wendy! I wondered where you went. One day you mentioned a plane, and then poof, you were gone. (That's what worries me about planes.) Sounds like you had a great time -- and I'm SO impressed: dancing, and walking 30 Chicago blocks. Wonderful. The pain after plane is probably the usual, as Patty said. Hope it's decreased tomorrow. Welcome back again, you were missed. --Nancy

Re: Me - my feet - my tripRe Wendyn

Laurie R on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018573)

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for asking how I was doing,ok are you ready? I still have the hard cast on it has been almost 4 weeks this is the second one ,I went in to see my Pod 1.5 ago and he made me a new one cause the first one broke on the bottom anyways the first 2.5 weeks with cast was wonderful the pain was about half now I am back in all kinds of pain I am really upset because I thought I was doing good.I will tell you it has helped with the PF pain that is about 90% better it is just the TTS pain my foot keeps going numb and I keep getting sharp pains in my arch and ankle.I go back to my Pod on thursday I think he will take this cast off and I will go into a air cast I want to get back to therapy also.I hope you are doing better than me,this is so hard but I know it will get better when I don't know I hope soon.Laurie R

Bob G. on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018579)

Wendyn, you brought back such memories of Chicago for me. Stationed at Great Lakes Michigan, I'd take the train into Chicago for weekends and WALK Chicago in my Navy gear. I walked that town and walked it again and again; I remember being a fast, strong walker.

Now I stretch and reminisce...

alan k on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018619)

I just got back from Chicago today, also walked all over, but I didn't know there was a foot museum and I am full of regrets.

alan k