Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain levels.

Posted by cindyp on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018572)

On a scale of 1 being not much and 10 being 10 what on an average day is your pain level? Also is this pf pain or something else? Mine in the past few days has been 25+.

Re: Pain levels.Re Pain

Laurie R on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018574)

Hi Cindy,
I am right along with you ,the past few days my pain is getting worse and worse I was up all last night with the pain the pills don't even work at this point.And the bad thing for me right now is I am in a hard cast so I can't rub my foot .Hang in their I feel your pain......My very best to you.Laurie R

Re: Pain levels.Re Painsorry I forgot to ask you.........

Laurie R on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018575)

Cindy,
What do you do for the pain?? Is their anything that helps at all?? Laurie R

cindyp on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018587)

Well in the past I have taken enough motrin and such to own stock in all of the companies. I have been to physical therapy and try the stretches now. It has been 6 1/2 almost 7 years. Use heat and ice sometimes. Have tried my father's sauna and it felt really good for about 30 minutes. Now am taking indomethacin and elavil(at night he said for nerve pain). Almost went the other day and begged for a cortizone shot but was actually able to sleep through the night and chickened out in the end. Really don't want to do that if possible. Right now am waiting to get mri at end of month. What I don't understand it the hesitancy for aggressive treatment.I mean some of the things the doctors try are IMHO stop gap measures at best. If someone is suffering badly longer term why not try to alleviate that first instead of all this other stuff? Sorry just venting because I am tired of feeling like a handicapped person.

Re: Pain levels.Re Painsorry I forgot to ask you.........Re Cindy

Laurie R on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018588)

Hi Cindy,
You are so right your pain has gone on long enough,I hope after you get your MRI they will do something to help you.I have only had this for 9 months and I feel that's along time you say you have had this for almost 7 years??? What does your doctor say when you told him or her about having this for 7 years??Cindy understand some doctors just don't know what to do when someone keeps saying they are in pain.I went through this a few years ago with a doctor about something else I had wrong with me I use to tell him I am in so much pain and he would just look at me and say it will get better (he just did not know what to do)In the mean time I would just cry I think after so long with that I just learned how to deal with the pain but this foot stuff is so different we need our feet to do everything.My heart goes out to you and I do hope you find something that is going to help you .My very best to you PLEASE feel free to e-mail me anytime just to talk or vent.Laurie R (email removed)

Re: Pain levels.Re Pain

Laurie R on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018574)

Hi Cindy,
I am right along with you ,the past few days my pain is getting worse and worse I was up all last night with the pain the pills don't even work at this point.And the bad thing for me right now is I am in a hard cast so I can't rub my foot .Hang in their I feel your pain......My very best to you.Laurie R

Laurie R on 4/10/00 at 00:00 (018575)

Cindy,
What do you do for the pain?? Is their anything that helps at all?? Laurie R

cindyp on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018587)

Well in the past I have taken enough motrin and such to own stock in all of the companies. I have been to physical therapy and try the stretches now. It has been 6 1/2 almost 7 years. Use heat and ice sometimes. Have tried my father's sauna and it felt really good for about 30 minutes. Now am taking indomethacin and elavil(at night he said for nerve pain). Almost went the other day and begged for a cortizone shot but was actually able to sleep through the night and chickened out in the end. Really don't want to do that if possible. Right now am waiting to get mri at end of month. What I don't understand it the hesitancy for aggressive treatment.I mean some of the things the doctors try are IMHO stop gap measures at best. If someone is suffering badly longer term why not try to alleviate that first instead of all this other stuff? Sorry just venting because I am tired of feeling like a handicapped person.

Re: Pain levels.Re Painsorry I forgot to ask you.........Re Cindy

Laurie R on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018588)

Hi Cindy,
You are so right your pain has gone on long enough,I hope after you get your MRI they will do something to help you.I have only had this for 9 months and I feel that's along time you say you have had this for almost 7 years??? What does your doctor say when you told him or her about having this for 7 years??Cindy understand some doctors just don't know what to do when someone keeps saying they are in pain.I went through this a few years ago with a doctor about something else I had wrong with me I use to tell him I am in so much pain and he would just look at me and say it will get better (he just did not know what to do)In the mean time I would just cry I think after so long with that I just learned how to deal with the pain but this foot stuff is so different we need our feet to do everything.My heart goes out to you and I do hope you find something that is going to help you .My very best to you PLEASE feel free to e-mail me anytime just to talk or vent.Laurie R (email removed)