Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: great news, Nancy

Posted by Robin B. on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018597)

Nancy, glad to hear the bromelain may be taking effect for you. I really hope you get some relief from it. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst), my pain is really down around a 1 these days. Birks were the first major improvement (and I KNOW you're living in yours too), bromelain was the second, and some very specific dietary changes based on low carb was the third. I hope you get the same boost from bromelain that I have. You're right -- lighthearted is an incredible way to feel. It's wonderful when you can get a piece of your normal life back for good. Hope it continues and improves for you.

Re: great news, Nancy -- to Robin

Nancy S. on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018609)

Yes, and still lighthearted tonight too! I don't even care that it's snowing out (well, almost don't care). How long did it take you to know definitely that bromelain was helping you? I'm almost sure -- because I don't think it could be only the ankle brace.
Robin, I'm going to check out an orthopedic shoe store (about an hour away) to see if they have anything as good as Birks that would also cover my whole foot. If they don't, I'll probably put another pair of Birks, even if they don't cover my whole foot, on the old credit card. I browsed through the German site tonight, and saw several that might be good (Bonn, Zurich, and I forget the others -- have Boston now). You have 10 WHOLE PAIRS, I know, and I'm curious what styles they are, besides Arizona. If you can remember what they're called. Thanks so much for your good thoughts --Nancy

Re: great news, Nancy -- to Robin

Nancy S. on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018609)

Yes, and still lighthearted tonight too! I don't even care that it's snowing out (well, almost don't care). How long did it take you to know definitely that bromelain was helping you? I'm almost sure -- because I don't think it could be only the ankle brace.
Robin, I'm going to check out an orthopedic shoe store (about an hour away) to see if they have anything as good as Birks that would also cover my whole foot. If they don't, I'll probably put another pair of Birks, even if they don't cover my whole foot, on the old credit card. I browsed through the German site tonight, and saw several that might be good (Bonn, Zurich, and I forget the others -- have Boston now). You have 10 WHOLE PAIRS, I know, and I'm curious what styles they are, besides Arizona. If you can remember what they're called. Thanks so much for your good thoughts --Nancy