Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tests I've had

Posted by wendyn on 4/11/00 at 00:00 (018606)

Greetings Dfeet, I'm in a much better mood this evening. Despite my doctors negative attitude - my feet feel decent today so I will continue to believe that I am getting better. In response to your comment on tests....

I have had (over the last couple years the following)

3 bone scans (two for lower legs, one for hips/pelvis/lower back)
x rays (one set for feet, one series of seven for hips/lowerback/pelvis)
Blood work - (some done twice)
-diabetes
-Rheumatoid arthritis
-Thyroid
-B12 (only one that showed a problem)
-Blood Count
-Sed rate
-Whatever the test is for Lupus (nucleur factor something?)

One set of moderately unpleasant nerve conduction tests - waiting for round two.

I think that's it.

I've seen 3 podiatrists, my GP, 2 sports med doctors, a PT and PT/acupuncturist. Waiting for neurologist and ortho- foot ankle surgeon. Have had 3 pairs of orthotics and Birk inserts/anti-inflammitories - tons of rest - birks - B12 supplements and acupuncture. Hmmmm what else - getting awfully tired of being examined and proded. Have been examined by about bazillion medical type people - I could pull off a very convincing lower extremity exam because I know the routine by heart.

They all think my feet are somewhat interesting but have no valuable insight into what's happening.

Re: Tests I've had

dfeet on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018653)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, butI'm sorry that there still exist your pain and the mystery causing it. Did they test for ankylosing spondylitis(I thinks it's HA-B27)? I'm at a loss. You're right in taking one day at a time. I know that I often forget to. Hope things continue to make you feel better-dfeet.

wendyn on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018659)

As far as I know - the ankolosing spondylitis was ruled out by the series of lower back/pelvis etc bone scans I had done in September.

dfeet on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018653)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, butI'm sorry that there still exist your pain and the mystery causing it. Did they test for ankylosing spondylitis(I thinks it's HA-B27)? I'm at a loss. You're right in taking one day at a time. I know that I often forget to. Hope things continue to make you feel better-dfeet.

wendyn on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018659)

As far as I know - the ankolosing spondylitis was ruled out by the series of lower back/pelvis etc bone scans I had done in September.