Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

National Institute of Medicine Dietary Recommendations

Posted by Duane E on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018614)

A panel appointed by the National Institute of Medicine recommended upper limits on vitamins C and E to reduce the probability of having the occurrence of an adverse health event.

Vitamin C ---- 2000 mg/day
Vitamin E ---- 1000 mg/day

More information at: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june00/vitamins_4-11.html

Re: National Institute of Medicine Dietary Recommendations

Nancy S. on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018625)

Thanks for this, Duane. I was concerned about the recent study finding that Vit. C supplements clog arteries and make one more prone to heart attacks. Bob G., I think, said that study was disputed as soon as it appeared. And I don't see anything in your link that mentions that as a possbility. I guess I'll go back to C . . . --Nancy S.

Re: National Institute of Medicine Dietary Recommendations

Nancy S. on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018625)

Thanks for this, Duane. I was concerned about the recent study finding that Vit. C supplements clog arteries and make one more prone to heart attacks. Bob G., I think, said that study was disputed as soon as it appeared. And I don't see anything in your link that mentions that as a possbility. I guess I'll go back to C . . . --Nancy S.