Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: about Birks

Posted by Robin B. on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018615)

Hi Nancy. All 10 of my Birks are sandals. Three are Arizona -- then also two Florida, Orlando, Pisa, Sante Fe and a couple of others. I have tried the closed Birks and have a hard time with them. The leather and suede are so thick and inflexible that my toes hurt (I do have arthritis in my feet so I'm sure that's it). But I do much better in open toed Birks.

Here is something else I have found. Some of my Birks are of man made material, some are of leather. I know everyone (including me) says that the Birk footbed is the same on every shoe -- only the top styling is different. (Until recently I had a Birk store very close by, with numerous styles on sale, so I acquired a good collection.) But after MANY testings, I swear my feet hurt in the man made shoes after 4 or 5 hours, and they don't hurt in the leather varieties. It shouldn't be -- but it definitely is. I have no explanation for it since I can't understand it, but there is no doubt that I do better in full leather Birk sandals. So I am going to buy only leather styles from now on.

Hope you have good luck with the closed toed shoes, Nancy, and that your improvement continues.

BrendaK on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018631)

I am plannig to order some Birk shoes for work, once I pay for the sandles I just bought. I can't wear sandles for work. I was assuming the shoes would feel as good as the sandles. I love the Milanos that I bought two weeks ago. I'm on my feet 8 hrs. a day,
(9 hrs. when I work Noon to 9 like today). Has anyone else had good results with the shoes, not just the sandles?

BrendaK on 4/12/00 at 00:00 (018631)

I am plannig to order some Birk shoes for work, once I pay for the sandles I just bought. I can't wear sandles for work. I was assuming the shoes would feel as good as the sandles. I love the Milanos that I bought two weeks ago. I'm on my feet 8 hrs. a day,
(9 hrs. when I work Noon to 9 like today). Has anyone else had good results with the shoes, not just the sandles?