Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: I sound like a broken record, but...

Posted by Robin B. on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018671)

You may want to try bromelain instead. It is non-Rx, it is a natural enzyme and when taken on an empty stomach does have anti-inflammatory properties. It does not appear to cause GI distress unless you take a whopper high dosage all at once, which is not recommended. You can search the message board on bromelain and come up with lots of information about how much to take, when to take, etc. Bromelain does not, per se, help with pain -- but then, if you significantly reduce the inflammation, that alone will help a little with pain. I have been taking it for 10 months with no adverse stomach effects (and I tend to have GI problems to begin with) and with tremendous benefit to my PF.

Nancy S. on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018681)

Maybe, but it's a good broken record, Robin! It's the only way to keep on getting a word out to a fluctuating board with people who come and go, and also the thickheads like me who stick around but take a while to absorb the possibilities. You do a great job. --Nancy

Nancy S. on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018681)

Maybe, but it's a good broken record, Robin! It's the only way to keep on getting a word out to a fluctuating board with people who come and go, and also the thickheads like me who stick around but take a while to absorb the possibilities. You do a great job. --Nancy