Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"trying to keep positive"

Posted by Nancy S. on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018680)

I'm sorry you're having a bad week, dfeet. Don't get dfeeted, though -- keep on trying to keep positive; I truly believe that getting down and then staying there can bring a halt to the recovery process. Everyone gets depressed about it, that's for sure, but do keep trying to pull yourself out of that with hope -- your feet know what you're thinking! I think we treat our feet better when we're not mad at them. I was mad at mine for a long time. This week was very good for me until today; and today isn't bad, just not as good as the other days. I had to give myself a good talking-to this morning -- that there will be ups and downs for some time, and not to panic over them. It seemed to work this time (I've been practicing).
When I found this message board (in Dec.) I'd had PF for 8 months, was exhausted and depresssed and in constant pain, and was a basket case (I guess you get the picture by now!). You've found the board a bit sooner than I did, and I just want to tell you that although the last four months have been no picnic, by a long shot, I've been finding things here that have really helped me, and now I'm in a much better state both physically and mentally than I was at any other time in the last year. So there is every reason to have hope, and I hope the board is as helpful to you as it has been (and is being) to me. Hang in there, and I wish a better weekEND for you, dfeet. --Nancy

Re: "trying to keep positive"-Thanks nancy

dfeet on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018692)

Thanks nancy for your encouragement. I do try to 'practice what I preach',ie, mind over matter, positive attitude brings positive results,etc. But sometimes(and unfortunately more often lately), the situation gets to me. You're right about this site! It does offer alot of info and insight. Helps keep things in perspective. I'll be taking some time off from work soon(about a week), and I've already set the stage-REST,REST,REST. And a little PT. Hopefully I can stick to my script. This will be an experiment, for I haven't stopped rushing around since the onset of my injury, the development of PF, and subsequent development of TTS 7mos ago. Should prove interesting. I'm hopeful-Thank you, again,nancy-dfeet.

Nancy S. on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018697)

dfeet, what was the injury you had that started all this? (And you believe you got TTS from hard orthotics, yes? It was your posts that finally made me swear off mine -- they were hurting more than helping as it was.)
I'm very glad you've made time for rest, that's just great. Will you be posting a lot for partial entertainment? See you then! --Nancy

dfeet on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018692)

Thanks nancy for your encouragement. I do try to 'practice what I preach',ie, mind over matter, positive attitude brings positive results,etc. But sometimes(and unfortunately more often lately), the situation gets to me. You're right about this site! It does offer alot of info and insight. Helps keep things in perspective. I'll be taking some time off from work soon(about a week), and I've already set the stage-REST,REST,REST. And a little PT. Hopefully I can stick to my script. This will be an experiment, for I haven't stopped rushing around since the onset of my injury, the development of PF, and subsequent development of TTS 7mos ago. Should prove interesting. I'm hopeful-Thank you, again,nancy-dfeet.

Nancy S. on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018697)

dfeet, what was the injury you had that started all this? (And you believe you got TTS from hard orthotics, yes? It was your posts that finally made me swear off mine -- they were hurting more than helping as it was.)
I'm very glad you've made time for rest, that's just great. Will you be posting a lot for partial entertainment? See you then! --Nancy