Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2nd PF surgery

Posted by Barb T on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018691)

Today is 10 days after my 2nd PF full release/spur removal surgery. Unlike last time, the Dr. put a hard cast up to my knee. I don't like this thing at all. It's heavy and the first several days after surgery, I thought the swelling was going to explode it. Well, about the first surgery..... my foot is still hurting (it's been 2 months and 10 days after that sugery) especially my first few steps. Once I'm walking, I'm fine, but not sure how long I could sustain a good walk. I do feel like there is swelling (started taking bromelain 12 days ago) at the spot where the spur was. It is lumpy there...it may be scar tissue. When I mentioned to the surgeon he said he may send me to Rehab(????) Anyway, I'm clomping along in this cast/crutches and still not able to put much weight on that foot. Will see the doc in another week, hopefully to take this cast off. Will keep you posted. Good Luck to every sufferer on this site.