Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cast is off!!!!!!!!!!And going for second opinion

Posted by Laurie R on 4/13/00 at 00:00 (018694)

Hi to all,
Wendy and dfeet I agree with what you both said.The funny thing is my Pod wants me to go for the second opinion he is the one one that brought it up to me and I agree to have someone else look at my foot.Ok I got the cast off I am so happy the first thing I did was rub my foot it was alittle bit swollen but it feels pretty good right now.My PF is almost gone I know the PT and the cast and rest had a lot to do with it.Now for the TTS it is the same so this is the treatment plan for now My Pod gave me a ankle brase (ankle Armor by Swede-o) It feels good so far ,I am going back to PT tomarrow and I am to wear my walking cast for a few weeks and use my crutches he wants me to take it slow .I was in the hard cast for 4 weeks.I have an appointment on Monday with the new doctor Please if any one know the name of this kind of doctor he is Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor there is a name for this kind of doctor so if anyone knows the real name let me know of course I forgot it.Also he is a MD.but he does not do surgery.My Pod said again today that surgery is not a good idea for me he said that a tarsel tunnel release is only 50% it could help and maybe not I do not want 50% if I am having surgery I want 100%.Wendy everything you said in your post is the same thing my Pod told me today kind of funny He said that it is better to have 2 opinions and I agree.This is why I like him . He is not like most doctors I have delt with where they think they are the best and where they think you should not see other doctor.So it turned out to be a very good visit and now that the cast is off my foot is feeling a little better pain wise.Thanks for listening to all.My very best to everyone and thank you Wendy and dfeet and Chris O .Laurie R

Re: Cast is off!!!!!!!!!!And going for second opinion

dfeet on 4/16/00 at 00:00 (018789)

Good luck with your second opinion,Laurie. You sort of answered my very next question about casting. My orthopod did not recommend casting for my TTS, for in my situation it would not have been practical. Although my PT thinks it is still something I should try for the TTS. Although, My PT about now wants to put me in a body cast-with a gag. Yes, we have established that kind of relationship-he he. But you said the cast helped with yourPF, but not much with your TTS-hmmm. Keep us informed on what your second opinion has to offer-Good luck. Get well.

Re: Cast is off!!!!!!!!!!And going for second opinionRe dfeet

Laurie R on 4/16/00 at 00:00 (018798)

Hi dfeet,
I am glad you posted I was just thinking about you.As I can remenber you and I have the same symptoms and I was wondering how you have been feeling pain wise? Ok I have had my cast off now for 3 days and my Fascia is on fire and it was all healed.My Pod even said that the PF was healed and cured and I agreed but I went to PT the next day after my cast was taken off and BAM it is back full force.I will ask the new doctor I am going to see what in the H#$* has happened.I think I tore the fascia trying to walk after not using it for a month.I am in a walking cast and an ankle brace.I only had half of therapy on friday because I was in so much pain.You know the funny thing I couldn't wait to get the cast off cause it was a pain in the butt and now all the pain back I think I should of kept it on for other two weeks and not go back to therapy to soon.Live and learn I guess I just wanted to get back to doing something normal.Also I hate going to doctors it took me a long time to trust my Pod and now I have to go tothis new one but I am kind of looking forward to it so he can check out my foot and give me a second opinion.This is the real weird thing when the cast was on the PF was almost gone but I was still having alot of problems with the TTS now the cast is off the TTS is not so bad and the PF is full blown.Go figuare if anyone can help me understand this I would appreciate it,I will let you guys know how my appointment goes tomarrow.Thanks for letting me vent.Ok I have to go and cut my foot off...........Laurie R

Re: Cast is off!!!!!!!!!!And going for second opinion

dfeet on 4/16/00 at 00:00 (018789)

Good luck with your second opinion,Laurie. You sort of answered my very next question about casting. My orthopod did not recommend casting for my TTS, for in my situation it would not have been practical. Although my PT thinks it is still something I should try for the TTS. Although, My PT about now wants to put me in a body cast-with a gag. Yes, we have established that kind of relationship-he he. But you said the cast helped with yourPF, but not much with your TTS-hmmm. Keep us informed on what your second opinion has to offer-Good luck. Get well.

Re: Cast is off!!!!!!!!!!And going for second opinionRe dfeet

Laurie R on 4/16/00 at 00:00 (018798)

Hi dfeet,
I am glad you posted I was just thinking about you.As I can remenber you and I have the same symptoms and I was wondering how you have been feeling pain wise? Ok I have had my cast off now for 3 days and my Fascia is on fire and it was all healed.My Pod even said that the PF was healed and cured and I agreed but I went to PT the next day after my cast was taken off and BAM it is back full force.I will ask the new doctor I am going to see what in the H#$* has happened.I think I tore the fascia trying to walk after not using it for a month.I am in a walking cast and an ankle brace.I only had half of therapy on friday because I was in so much pain.You know the funny thing I couldn't wait to get the cast off cause it was a pain in the butt and now all the pain back I think I should of kept it on for other two weeks and not go back to therapy to soon.Live and learn I guess I just wanted to get back to doing something normal.Also I hate going to doctors it took me a long time to trust my Pod and now I have to go tothis new one but I am kind of looking forward to it so he can check out my foot and give me a second opinion.This is the real weird thing when the cast was on the PF was almost gone but I was still having alot of problems with the TTS now the cast is off the TTS is not so bad and the PF is full blown.Go figuare if anyone can help me understand this I would appreciate it,I will let you guys know how my appointment goes tomarrow.Thanks for letting me vent.Ok I have to go and cut my foot off...........Laurie R