Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just got E.S.W.T in Germany!

Posted by Kathie on 4/14/00 at 00:00 (018702)

I just had a treatment with a Dornier device here at an orthopedic clinic in Germany. This is thanks to the reading I've done on this website!! I've been sufferring for well over 5 years now, and of course, nothing else has helped. Surgery has been recommended several times but I feel I can always have it later and am not all THAT incapacitated (compared to some who write in here.)Will keep you updated on if I feel any results...I'm supposed to have two more treatments in upcoming weeks.I understand it may be a long while before I feel any difference!
posted to the eswt board

Re: Just got E.S.W.T in Germany!

David L on 4/14/00 at 00:00 (018711)

Where did you have the treatment and who performed it? Do you know which machine was use? Did they use anesthetic? I'm interested to know.
Regards,
David
posted to the eswt board

Kathie R on 4/28/00 at 13:40 (019560)

Sorry, I didn't log in for a long time. It was the Dornier, and 'Rob' on this board was actually there to observe! There was pain but I would characterise it as bearable with out anasthesia. the fact that Rob and the Dr. were conversing with me certainly helped!I will continue to update the board. It was at the Orthopeadishe Klinik in Kassel, Germany, about an hour from Hannover where I live (northern Germany.)
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

David L on 4/28/00 at 23:33 (019593)

Do you know if the doctor that was performing the treatment used any type of imaging device such as ultrasound or fluoroscopy? Did you direct the doctor to the most painful spot or did the doctor treat without feedback from you.
Regards,
David
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: other

David L on 4/14/00 at 00:00 (018711)

Where did you have the treatment and who performed it? Do you know which machine was use? Did they use anesthetic? I'm interested to know.
Regards,
David
posted to the eswt board

Kathie R on 4/28/00 at 13:40 (019560)

Sorry, I didn't log in for a long time. It was the Dornier, and 'Rob' on this board was actually there to observe! There was pain but I would characterise it as bearable with out anasthesia. the fact that Rob and the Dr. were conversing with me certainly helped!I will continue to update the board. It was at the Orthopeadishe Klinik in Kassel, Germany, about an hour from Hannover where I live (northern Germany.)
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

David L on 4/28/00 at 23:33 (019593)

Do you know if the doctor that was performing the treatment used any type of imaging device such as ultrasound or fluoroscopy? Did you direct the doctor to the most painful spot or did the doctor treat without feedback from you.
Regards,
David
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: other