Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dont try this one!

Posted by Marti C on 4/15/00 at 00:00 (018732)

Hi all,
My PF had been doing so much better, I have been able to walk 20mins, which is not alot but I was thankful for that. I had ordered a pair of non-rigid orthotics because my rigid pair would hurt after 20mins of walking. I thought maybe, I could work up to 40mins. with new shoes and orthos.While waiting the 14 days for them to be made, I didnt want to stop excercising. I figured well, I can use my birks and ride my stationary bike at home. I did this for 10 days without pain. On the 11 day however, Iam back to full-blown pain, I cant even wear my Birks right now.Iam back to icing, stretching, and REST. I have my new shoes, and orthos, but am afraid to try them right now. I have pain now that never exisited before. Im sure what I did caused this, not very smart, but I saw that glimmer of hope and thought I was actually cured! I have learned once again, to not assume anything. Thanks, just needed to vent, Ive spent the last three days crying. Marti

Re: Dont try this one!

alan k on 4/15/00 at 00:00 (018733)

I am not sure from your post what it is that you did. I want to be sure not to do it.

alan k

Nancy S. on 4/15/00 at 00:00 (018735)

Oh Marti, setbacks are awful, I know. If it gives you any kind of light at the end of this tunnel, I had one (in Jan. I think) and fully believed it was going to take me months to get up to where I'd been -- but it took only three weeks. I hope yours is short too. I would also like to know what you did different to have this happen. Were you stationary-biking for much longer times than you had been? Or not been biking at all since starting to feel better, so that this felt like a new thing to parts of your foot? Hang in there. --Nancy

alan k on 4/15/00 at 00:00 (018733)

I am not sure from your post what it is that you did. I want to be sure not to do it.

alan k

Nancy S. on 4/15/00 at 00:00 (018735)

Oh Marti, setbacks are awful, I know. If it gives you any kind of light at the end of this tunnel, I had one (in Jan. I think) and fully believed it was going to take me months to get up to where I'd been -- but it took only three weeks. I hope yours is short too. I would also like to know what you did different to have this happen. Were you stationary-biking for much longer times than you had been? Or not been biking at all since starting to feel better, so that this felt like a new thing to parts of your foot? Hang in there. --Nancy