Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Long second toe

Posted by Pat on 4/17/00 at 00:00 (018872)

Sheesh, i didn't realize the subject would open a can of worms earlier but what Allan said was what I had read and was referring too. That if your second toe (next to big toe) is longer than the big toe, then it it throws your weight off balance and can cause you to be more apt to foot problems. Oh well, so much for that. And by the way Allan, my second toe base joint is WELL out past the big toe joint. Interesting. Thanks for the additional info.

Re: Long second toe

Nancy S. on 4/17/00 at 00:00 (018884)

I'm a little late with this info. My second toe is just the tiniest bit shorter than my big toe. The joint at the base of my second toe is parallel to the joint of my big toe, not forward, not back. --Nancy

alan k on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018900)

the reason why the joint is so important rather than the toe length is because the problem is about where the foot balances on contact points to the ground. I am going to try that padding solution to see if it doesn't help, but that would be a long term solution. I doubt it would help short term.

alan k

Nancy S. on 4/17/00 at 00:00 (018884)

I'm a little late with this info. My second toe is just the tiniest bit shorter than my big toe. The joint at the base of my second toe is parallel to the joint of my big toe, not forward, not back. --Nancy

alan k on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018900)

the reason why the joint is so important rather than the toe length is because the problem is about where the foot balances on contact points to the ground. I am going to try that padding solution to see if it doesn't help, but that would be a long term solution. I doubt it would help short term.

alan k