Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Optomistic Future

Posted by Bob G. on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018891)

It was only a few months ago that I cheered at having a pain-free day. It was rare, but it was happening. Then I had two whole days in a row without pain. But the pain kept coming back and I could not get past two days in a row. Then I had a three day streeek (almost said 3-day stretch, har har) and I was celebate. I mean celebrative, hey! This was during the Christmas Holidays and I was hopeful of recovery. But the pain kept coming back. But I was very very determined to beat this thing, so rest rest rest and night splint, etc. I think January, February I just didn't do anything - just rest. Now I am a month and a half pain free. So hang in there, gang, it can be done. I do not plan on going back to square one (knock on wood!)

Just hang in there and when in doubt, rest it.

Nancy S. on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018897)

Bob, that was good for me to hear right now -- that your pain-free days went in streaks, then a little setback, then the good streaks gradually getting longer. Makes me think my good 3-day streak last week won't be my final one. I will keep not pushing it and enjoy the pain-free days when they decide to give me a break. Thanks for posting this today, which will be my shoe hunting day, and I thank everyone who responded to my shoe questions and will post about what happens. --Nancy

dfeet on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018930)

Hi, bob. Thanks for posting just at the right time for me. I'm so hopeful, but the setbacks make it hard to sustain. Your post gave a little light at the end of the road. Thanks again. Be Well!-dfeet

Nancy S. on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018897)

Bob, that was good for me to hear right now -- that your pain-free days went in streaks, then a little setback, then the good streaks gradually getting longer. Makes me think my good 3-day streak last week won't be my final one. I will keep not pushing it and enjoy the pain-free days when they decide to give me a break. Thanks for posting this today, which will be my shoe hunting day, and I thank everyone who responded to my shoe questions and will post about what happens. --Nancy

dfeet on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018930)

Hi, bob. Thanks for posting just at the right time for me. I'm so hopeful, but the setbacks make it hard to sustain. Your post gave a little light at the end of the road. Thanks again. Be Well!-dfeet