Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 Weeks Post OssaTron

Posted by Karen K on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018910)

I had a great 4 days last week, Wed-Sat. It was like a giant leap of improvement, 4 days with almost no pain. Then Sun. morning I woke up to painful, very warm to the touch feet. Sun. and Mon. were very painful but today they seem to be doing better. Is anyone else having ups and downs like this?
Take care,
KK
posted to the eswt board

Re: 8 Weeks Post OssaTron

Scott R on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018917)

I'm doing signifiactly better. Karen, during those good 4 days last week, did you over do it? How much are you walking and standing?
posted to the eswt board

GinaC on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018920)

What I've noticed is there can be a few hours of little or no pain, followed by pain the next day - this is a new pattern for me. Before, I would always have pain during the activity that just continued on after completion of activitiy. Did manage to mow the grass this week without any change in pain level that day or the next. Have had ups and downs throughout the week, but am starting to notice that daily activities like grocery shopping seem easier; however, my foot still becomes more sore as the day progresses. Anyone have any idea of ideal activity level at this stage of recovery? Tried to get a hold of Dr. Gordon last week, but missed him. Gina
posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (018963)

I do have slight ups and downs, such as I could have a few good hours in one day or I'll stand after sitting for awhile and expect pain and there won't be any. But overall, I remain the same or go back to feeling the same as I have for the past several weeks. I haven't stopped using the crutches in the morning and I'm afraid I never will be able to stop. Oh, well, it's only a minor inconvenience.
Now, I've been trying to make a follow up call to Dr. Gordon since April 1, per his request, but haven't had any luck reaching him. Has anyone been in contact with him since our 6 weeks passed?
Continue becoming well everyone!
posted to the eswt board

Matt L on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (018964)

I have not had much improvement between weeks 4 and 8 although my discomfort is less severe than before the treatment. Hoping for additional gains between weeks 8 and 12. My plan is to evaluate my options at that point. Possibly go back for retreatment of a particular spot.

I am also looking into the Sonocur- not for the heal but for other points further up the fascia that have inflammation type pain. Evidently, Dr. Gordon has not used the technology in that area. However, the Sonocur claims to be appropriate for this area as it is patient directed and less strong in zapping power than the Ossatron. At least that's their sales pitch.

Regards all.
posted to the eswt board

Karen K on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019021)

Scott, during those good 4 days (Wed.-Sat.)I was careful not to over do it but. . .there was a little incident Sat. night. I spotted an old friend and I just had to catch up with her. Feeling so good for 4 days and having a few drinks in me I ran to catch her, only about maybe 20-30 feet. I guess that little sprint killed me. I'm feelin' better today though. I held a dinner party tonight and at 10:00pm the pain is tolerable. Last dinner party, March 22nd, I was in agony by 8:00. I'm definately starting to notice improvement. I hope everyone feels better soon.

posted to the eswt board

Scott R on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018917)

I'm doing signifiactly better. Karen, during those good 4 days last week, did you over do it? How much are you walking and standing?
posted to the eswt board

GinaC on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018920)

What I've noticed is there can be a few hours of little or no pain, followed by pain the next day - this is a new pattern for me. Before, I would always have pain during the activity that just continued on after completion of activitiy. Did manage to mow the grass this week without any change in pain level that day or the next. Have had ups and downs throughout the week, but am starting to notice that daily activities like grocery shopping seem easier; however, my foot still becomes more sore as the day progresses. Anyone have any idea of ideal activity level at this stage of recovery? Tried to get a hold of Dr. Gordon last week, but missed him. Gina
posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (018963)

I do have slight ups and downs, such as I could have a few good hours in one day or I'll stand after sitting for awhile and expect pain and there won't be any. But overall, I remain the same or go back to feeling the same as I have for the past several weeks. I haven't stopped using the crutches in the morning and I'm afraid I never will be able to stop. Oh, well, it's only a minor inconvenience.
Now, I've been trying to make a follow up call to Dr. Gordon since April 1, per his request, but haven't had any luck reaching him. Has anyone been in contact with him since our 6 weeks passed?
Continue becoming well everyone!
posted to the eswt board

Matt L on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (018964)

I have not had much improvement between weeks 4 and 8 although my discomfort is less severe than before the treatment. Hoping for additional gains between weeks 8 and 12. My plan is to evaluate my options at that point. Possibly go back for retreatment of a particular spot.

I am also looking into the Sonocur- not for the heal but for other points further up the fascia that have inflammation type pain. Evidently, Dr. Gordon has not used the technology in that area. However, the Sonocur claims to be appropriate for this area as it is patient directed and less strong in zapping power than the Ossatron. At least that's their sales pitch.

Regards all.
posted to the eswt board

Karen K on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019021)

Scott, during those good 4 days (Wed.-Sat.)I was careful not to over do it but. . .there was a little incident Sat. night. I spotted an old friend and I just had to catch up with her. Feeling so good for 4 days and having a few drinks in me I ran to catch her, only about maybe 20-30 feet. I guess that little sprint killed me. I'm feelin' better today though. I held a dinner party tonight and at 10:00pm the pain is tolerable. Last dinner party, March 22nd, I was in agony by 8:00. I'm definately starting to notice improvement. I hope everyone feels better soon.

posted to the eswt board