Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2nd ART visit

Posted by ChrisO on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018912)

I had my second ART treatment this AM. The treatment is quite painful as it means having some pretty deep massage but........I've been standing for the last hour talking with a remodeler about my walls, and, well, no pain! This has been one blessed hour!
3rd treatment is Friday.
Patty, how are you doing so far?

Re: 2nd ART visit

PattyS on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018932)

Chris,
Glad to hear it is working for you too. I thought monday was my last appt., but I have one more tomorrow. I would say I am about 95%. Most of the time my feet feel great and much of the time I find that I am not thinking about them at all. Sometimes towards the end of the day my feet get tired, but even then it is miles away from the pain I had been feeling before ART. How many sessions are you going to have? Patty

ChrisO on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018938)

Hi Patty - The Chiro says 6 to 8 treatments. Tell me, how would you have judged your level of pain before the treatments began? And did you do anything else for treatment before you found the ART?

PattyS on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019010)

Chris,
I would say that my pain was no where near as severe as many on this board. On my second visit to Dr. Leahy I thought it was a 3 out of ten and asked him how he would rate it. He said a 4 of of 10. I had been seeing a pod since Nov. and got a cortisone injection in early Feb. That provided a lot of relief for me, but I started seeing Dr. Leahy as I wanted to avoid a second shot, and thought if he could get me to a good pain level that I could pass on the shot. I go back to the pod next week, for a last visit as nothing that he had done has helped me as much as the ART

PattyS on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018932)

Chris,
Glad to hear it is working for you too. I thought monday was my last appt., but I have one more tomorrow. I would say I am about 95%. Most of the time my feet feel great and much of the time I find that I am not thinking about them at all. Sometimes towards the end of the day my feet get tired, but even then it is miles away from the pain I had been feeling before ART. How many sessions are you going to have? Patty

ChrisO on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018938)

Hi Patty - The Chiro says 6 to 8 treatments. Tell me, how would you have judged your level of pain before the treatments began? And did you do anything else for treatment before you found the ART?

PattyS on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019010)

Chris,
I would say that my pain was no where near as severe as many on this board. On my second visit to Dr. Leahy I thought it was a 3 out of ten and asked him how he would rate it. He said a 4 of of 10. I had been seeing a pod since Nov. and got a cortisone injection in early Feb. That provided a lot of relief for me, but I started seeing Dr. Leahy as I wanted to avoid a second shot, and thought if he could get me to a good pain level that I could pass on the shot. I go back to the pod next week, for a last visit as nothing that he had done has helped me as much as the ART