Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jimmy Buffet

Posted by ChrisO on 4/18/00 at 00:00 (018945)

It's about 8:45PM Pacific Time - I downloaded a RealPlayer this AFT and am now listening to the live Jimmy Buffet concert - and chatting with you guys! Life is good as long as I get to sit! (JB has his own site, Margaritaville.com)

Re: Jimmy Buffett - John H, please note

Kathy G on 7/13/04 at 09:01 (155285)

Last night, Jimmy Buffett was a guest on a syndicated show on a Country and Western station. He has a new album that comes out today and many Country and Western stars sing with him on it. During the interview, he was asked about his upcoming Boston concert which he is doing at Fenway Park. He said that he can't believe he is actually going to be playing in front of the Green Monster. He also said that he is a lifelong Cubs fan and has much in common with the Red Sox Fans. It made me think of you.

He likes Country and Western music and he likes the Cubs!

By the way, this will be the first Buffett show that we haven't attended in about twelve years. I didn't think it would be as much fun at Fenway because they'll be no tailgating and that's where you see the crazy Parrotheads. Watching my husband listening to cuts off the album, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. But Jimmy has lost his voice which wasn't that great to start, and George Strait, Tobey Keith, Martina McBride, etc. won't be at Fenway singing with him. Although one never knows who's going to show up at one of his shows. But I think it's just the fact that he's playing at Fenway that has my husband wishing we'd gotten tickets.

I've decided that I just don't get the lure of baseball. My daughter is a huge Red Sox fan and she wants tickets in the worst way. She's already gone to one Buffett concert but she just wants to see him at Fenway.

I guess I feel the same way about football but not baseball. No, I take that back. You couldn't pay me enough to sit out in the freezing cold at Gillette Stadium to watch the Patriots play when I could be at home in the comfort of my nice warm living room.

It must be the difference between baseball and football fans!

john h on 7/13/04 at 10:06 (155294)

Yes I am well aware that Jimmy Buffett is a big Cubs fan. I think he has sang Take Me Out To The Ball Game on several occasions at the 7th inning break. I have been a Cubs fan since I was 11 years old when I saw my first Cubs game. Using a high frequency radio I often would climb up to very high altitudes when overseas somewhere and on occasion be able to tune in a Cubs game. I have a Cubs foul ball which is a great treasure to me and caused me some serious brusies fighting to get it.

The Red Sox fans better watch out as the Cubs are looking for a shortstop and Nomar G. is in their sights. I think he is a free agent next year so a deal is possible as the Yankees have the title already locked up. When I was a child a bleacher seat at Wrigley was $.75. A box seat was $2.75. Now days you have to know someone to even get a seat and I have no idea what one cost. The Cubs this year have standing room only at nearly every game and all the rooftop bleachers outside the field are full. With Direct TV I get probably 90% of all games so I can record them and watch at my leisure. I would often take my dates in high school to Cubs games now I know that would thrill you ladies.

Kathy G on 7/14/04 at 10:21 (155406)

Actually, I dated a guy who was a huge Red Sox fan and he used to bring me to games. I liked him so I never complained.

It's funny. I loved watching Little League baseball but that, of course, was because my son was the pitcher and we made it into the playoffs every year. And we had a wonderful group of parents - we cheered for all the kids on the team as if they were our own. I was the unofficial team 'mother' who supplied glasses and water for every game. Those were wonderful years.

And I like watching the college world series on TV, although I haven't caught it the last couple of years.

Maybe I don't watch the Red Sox because I'm not a true baseball fan and I know they are going to mess it up somehow. I do enjoy watching David Ortiz. He just seems like such a nice guy who's having the time of his life. As for Nomar, we know he's out of here soon and they Sox have no one to blame but themselves. They were willing to trade him preseason and he doesn't feel like he's wanted.

He's still feeling twinges from the Achilles tendon injury he sustained in preseason and he's being very protective of it. He knows he won't be traded if he doesn't stay healthy.