Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: ESWT Referral

Posted by ChrisO on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019022)

Dr. Weil - is it true, to your knowledge, that there are no ESWT treatment practices on the West Coast at this time? Also, you mentioned that Frank Thomas had a good game - does that mean that he is pain-free as a result of your treatment?
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Lowell Weil, Jr. on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019029)

Frank Thomas is better, but not completely pain free. He just had treatment on Sunday. He did call and say he was feeling much better. I have yet to see ESWT make someone COMPLETELY better.

On west coast in LA area, there is an orthopedic group that has the orbisone. I do not know if they have used it though. The most famous guy in the group is Dr Ferkel (sp?). He is a world reknown arthroscopist. One of his partners (don't know name) got the orbisone a while ago but not sure if its been used yet.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Lowell Weil, Jr. on 4/19/00 at 00:00 (019029)

Frank Thomas is better, but not completely pain free. He just had treatment on Sunday. He did call and say he was feeling much better. I have yet to see ESWT make someone COMPLETELY better.

On west coast in LA area, there is an orthopedic group that has the orbisone. I do not know if they have used it though. The most famous guy in the group is Dr Ferkel (sp?). He is a world reknown arthroscopist. One of his partners (don't know name) got the orbisone a while ago but not sure if its been used yet.
posted to the eswt board