Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Would like to hear Orbasone and Sonorex/Sonocur patient expeiences

Posted by Matt L on 4/20/00 at 00:00 (019046)

As a patient who has received the OssaTron treatment I would like to see posts from North Americans who have been treated with either Orbasone or Sonorex. With the exception of Trish I don't think we've heard from anyone on this board.

I think we would all be most interested in knowing case histories, what area(s) were treated, by who and where, and success or lack of to date.
posted to the eswt board

Re: Would like to know about Pilot's Performer- Debbie

Kathy J. on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012266)

I have been experiencing painful heels for about 6 months and recently was told it was heel spurs. Reading some of the info. on the web , it is more serious than I thought. I am interested in your information on the Pilot's Performer. I am now seeing a massage therapist. He uses an acuscope or something like that.

Debbie M on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012271)

There is a picture of this piece of excercise equipment in the November Vogue magazine, page 305. When I got one several years ago it was so I could do non weight bearing excercise because I had PF in both feet but then,I was amazed when my feet started to get better. Since then I have loaned my Pilates to two people with PF and they have had the same results. I know it works but I am hoping one of the people that read this site have one of these so they could try my regime which repeats the foot specific excercises five times a day {takes less than five milnutes and is pleasant} and they could verify the results I have seen three times now. The machine costs about $350 US and that is a lot of money when I can't give a guarantee. Anyway if anybody has one and wants to try this regime please let me know

john a on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012272)

I found this: http://www.pilates-studio.com/performer.htm
It appears to be a stretching device/machine. Seems over-priced, but what do I know.

Debbie M on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012279)

John - it is a stretching devise and it does appear overpriced- that is why I am hoping one of you has one or has a friend who ;would loan it for a couple of months. I am convinced that if one of you could try this regime for one to two weeks you would start to see an improvement as happened to me and two other people. If they then continued I believe they would get the same results as all three of us have had. It is a fairly popular piece of equipment so I just hoped someone would have access to it without spending money and would give it a try. I believe so much in it I can't even tell you . It is not a quick fix and is expensive but please ask around to find out if a friend has one and maybe one of you will give it a try- it worked for three of us.

john a on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012282)

Is access to the machine a prerequisite for being able to properly understand this modified regime of yours? If not, why don't you post it anyway, and perhaps we will be able to get some benefit from it by being creative in spite of not having the actual machine.

Debbie M on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012287)

John - this machine is a big, heavy piece of equipment with a platform that moves against resistance from bungee type cords. It is what someone came up with as a home version of the things available in Pilate studios. Joseph Pilates came up with this form of excercise in the 1920's and it apparently has always been very popular with dancers.It stresses the body working as a unit using mild resistance to strengthen muscles. I had been going to a physio for my PFand was doing the prescribed excercises without benefit, I ordered the machine because it was non weight bearing excercise and I was very frustrated as I could no longer run. The warmup excercises all involve the feet pushing against a bar with resistance from the cords. One of them called heel lowers is much like standing on the stairs on your toes and lowering your heels but it feels safer because you are lying down and it feels more intense because it is against resistance.This series of warmups [ 7 quick excercises repeated 10 times each] and the cool down which is like heel lowers but alternating feet in a running type motion made my feet feel a tiny bit better in about a week so I started doing that part of the workout 5 times a day. I could tell very soon that it was making a difference and so persisted and in about 2 months all the pain was gone. That was a couple of years ago. Since then I got my husband to use it but he started as soon as he had the first pain in his foot from running and he only took 2 weeks to get better. When a friend got Pf I gave her all of pages from this site because she did not want to take my machine. After awhile i convinced her to borrow it but at first she was not using it the number of times daily that I thought was optimum. She was frustrated but increased and soon was a little better and after 2 months is running again.I know with all three of us getting healed there is something to this. I think it is thse fact that the excercise is gentle but against resistance speeds up the results and the fact that it is very pleasant and relaxing makes compliance better. I still am hoping that just one of you out there has one or has the use of one and will write in and try this. The company does not make any claim of helping PF , that is my claim as someone who has seen the same result with three people. John I know you thought the equipment looked overpriced but I can honestly say for me it was the best money I ever spent because I got my life back. I am actually passionate about what it did and I think it would help the people that read this site, but I also know it is a lot of money and I do not feel comfortable asking people to part with their money without a few more trials. So please log on if you have a Pilates or can borrow one. My regime is to do the 'Foot and Lower Leg' excercises 5 times daily increasing the 'Heel Lowers' to 20 instead of ten and dsoing the Cool Down 'Running' to a count of 100 afterwards. It takes less than 5 minutes each time. I hope someone can try it.

john a on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012290)

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Kathy M on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012344)

I had my feet worked on with the acuscope yestureday, and they are some better already. I also have plantar Fasciitis along with heel spurs.Rolling my heels from side to side on a golf ball helped to break down the spurs. Rolling up and down on the arch helps with the Planar Fasciitis. I will check to find the mag. article. Thanks!

Kathy J. on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012266)

I have been experiencing painful heels for about 6 months and recently was told it was heel spurs. Reading some of the info. on the web , it is more serious than I thought. I am interested in your information on the Pilot's Performer. I am now seeing a massage therapist. He uses an acuscope or something like that.

Debbie M on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012271)

There is a picture of this piece of excercise equipment in the November Vogue magazine, page 305. When I got one several years ago it was so I could do non weight bearing excercise because I had PF in both feet but then,I was amazed when my feet started to get better. Since then I have loaned my Pilates to two people with PF and they have had the same results. I know it works but I am hoping one of the people that read this site have one of these so they could try my regime which repeats the foot specific excercises five times a day {takes less than five milnutes and is pleasant} and they could verify the results I have seen three times now. The machine costs about $350 US and that is a lot of money when I can't give a guarantee. Anyway if anybody has one and wants to try this regime please let me know

john a on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012272)

I found this: http://www.pilates-studio.com/performer.htm
It appears to be a stretching device/machine. Seems over-priced, but what do I know.

Debbie M on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012279)

John - it is a stretching devise and it does appear overpriced- that is why I am hoping one of you has one or has a friend who ;would loan it for a couple of months. I am convinced that if one of you could try this regime for one to two weeks you would start to see an improvement as happened to me and two other people. If they then continued I believe they would get the same results as all three of us have had. It is a fairly popular piece of equipment so I just hoped someone would have access to it without spending money and would give it a try. I believe so much in it I can't even tell you . It is not a quick fix and is expensive but please ask around to find out if a friend has one and maybe one of you will give it a try- it worked for three of us.

john a on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012282)

Is access to the machine a prerequisite for being able to properly understand this modified regime of yours? If not, why don't you post it anyway, and perhaps we will be able to get some benefit from it by being creative in spite of not having the actual machine.

Debbie M on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012287)

John - this machine is a big, heavy piece of equipment with a platform that moves against resistance from bungee type cords. It is what someone came up with as a home version of the things available in Pilate studios. Joseph Pilates came up with this form of excercise in the 1920's and it apparently has always been very popular with dancers.It stresses the body working as a unit using mild resistance to strengthen muscles. I had been going to a physio for my PFand was doing the prescribed excercises without benefit, I ordered the machine because it was non weight bearing excercise and I was very frustrated as I could no longer run. The warmup excercises all involve the feet pushing against a bar with resistance from the cords. One of them called heel lowers is much like standing on the stairs on your toes and lowering your heels but it feels safer because you are lying down and it feels more intense because it is against resistance.This series of warmups [ 7 quick excercises repeated 10 times each] and the cool down which is like heel lowers but alternating feet in a running type motion made my feet feel a tiny bit better in about a week so I started doing that part of the workout 5 times a day. I could tell very soon that it was making a difference and so persisted and in about 2 months all the pain was gone. That was a couple of years ago. Since then I got my husband to use it but he started as soon as he had the first pain in his foot from running and he only took 2 weeks to get better. When a friend got Pf I gave her all of pages from this site because she did not want to take my machine. After awhile i convinced her to borrow it but at first she was not using it the number of times daily that I thought was optimum. She was frustrated but increased and soon was a little better and after 2 months is running again.I know with all three of us getting healed there is something to this. I think it is thse fact that the excercise is gentle but against resistance speeds up the results and the fact that it is very pleasant and relaxing makes compliance better. I still am hoping that just one of you out there has one or has the use of one and will write in and try this. The company does not make any claim of helping PF , that is my claim as someone who has seen the same result with three people. John I know you thought the equipment looked overpriced but I can honestly say for me it was the best money I ever spent because I got my life back. I am actually passionate about what it did and I think it would help the people that read this site, but I also know it is a lot of money and I do not feel comfortable asking people to part with their money without a few more trials. So please log on if you have a Pilates or can borrow one. My regime is to do the 'Foot and Lower Leg' excercises 5 times daily increasing the 'Heel Lowers' to 20 instead of ten and dsoing the Cool Down 'Running' to a count of 100 afterwards. It takes less than 5 minutes each time. I hope someone can try it.

john a on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012290)

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Kathy M on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012344)

I had my feet worked on with the acuscope yestureday, and they are some better already. I also have plantar Fasciitis along with heel spurs.Rolling my heels from side to side on a golf ball helped to break down the spurs. Rolling up and down on the arch helps with the Planar Fasciitis. I will check to find the mag. article. Thanks!

Re: Would like to hear Orbasone and Sonorex/Sonocur patient expeiences

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/20/00 at 00:00 (019072)

I have performed thiry cases with the orbasone machine. Such cases as pf, heel spur, achilles tendonits. peroneal tendonitis . The results have been dramatic , execellant, good, fair, and no results. The period of follow up has been six to eight week in one half of the cses.
The results should be that 3 out of 4 will get dramatic relief in most cases. I will be publishing a paper down the road as soon as the time frame is longer.

Dr. Zuckemran
posted to the eswt board . . .

Astrid on 4/28/00 at 20:18 (019585)

I just went for my first Sonorex treatment today. My next one is next Thurs.

I have been suffering from pf since Jan. 2. It started on my long run, training for my first marathon. I was mis-diganosed by my chiropractor, sports med. doc. and physio as having achilles tendonitis. My family doc. aluded to pf but did not say the words. I went to a podiatrist who diagnosed pf and had orthotics made. Meanwhile my running just kept getting less and less, to the point where I stopped for 5 weeks. I tried running 3 km. after getting the orthotics (1 week ago) but this caused pain for 2 days. So this problem did not look like it was going to go away. Being the impatient type, I decided on Sonorex.

I was warned that it would hurt, which it did. It also caused pain in my ankle bone, and the technician said the shock waves were exiting there. So she moved it a bit and that stopped happening. The pain kept subsiding, so she would move the thing a tiny bit. It has 5 levels, we got up to level 3. The higher the level, the greater the pain, but the more effective it is. I had no pain when I left, and she said that was because the pain receptors were in shock. I went home and iced it like she said to. It feels the same as ever tonight (pain is back). Next week I will be more vigilant and have the technician move the head on the machine more quickly every time the pain subsides, or turn up the level. I go 3 times, one week apart. Then if after 6 weeks there is no improvement, I go back for 2 more treatments.

By the way, I live near Ottawa, Canada. They have the machine there for 6 mos. ending in July, but if it works out for them they may keep it longer. It is on a trial basis. This is why I opted to go for it now, rather than wait. I don't want to have to go to Toronto (4 hours drive) if they get rid of it.

I will keep you posted as my treatments continue. I have been advised not to run so I have taken up bicycling.

Astrid,

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Astrid Bierworth on 5/04/00 at 13:57 (019855)

To read about my latest experiences with Sonorex, please see thread with Trish above.

Astrid.

NanaFitz on 5/04/00 at 15:26 (019857)

May I please ask for any info on exactly what Sonocur Sonorex is or does? I've seen a few references to it. Also, has anyone had any experience with acupuncture, good or bad? Thanks...and thanks for the info on the computer virus. MsFitz aka NanaFitz
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

avid L on 5/05/00 at 12:04 (019903)

Thank you for your interest. For a full descrption of the Siemens Sonocur offered by Sonorex Therapy Centers in Canada, please see http://www.sonorex.com

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/20/00 at 00:00 (019072)

I have performed thiry cases with the orbasone machine. Such cases as pf, heel spur, achilles tendonits. peroneal tendonitis . The results have been dramatic , execellant, good, fair, and no results. The period of follow up has been six to eight week in one half of the cses.
The results should be that 3 out of 4 will get dramatic relief in most cases. I will be publishing a paper down the road as soon as the time frame is longer.

Dr. Zuckemran
posted to the eswt board . . .

Astrid on 4/28/00 at 20:18 (019585)

I just went for my first Sonorex treatment today. My next one is next Thurs.

I have been suffering from pf since Jan. 2. It started on my long run, training for my first marathon. I was mis-diganosed by my chiropractor, sports med. doc. and physio as having achilles tendonitis. My family doc. aluded to pf but did not say the words. I went to a podiatrist who diagnosed pf and had orthotics made. Meanwhile my running just kept getting less and less, to the point where I stopped for 5 weeks. I tried running 3 km. after getting the orthotics (1 week ago) but this caused pain for 2 days. So this problem did not look like it was going to go away. Being the impatient type, I decided on Sonorex.

I was warned that it would hurt, which it did. It also caused pain in my ankle bone, and the technician said the shock waves were exiting there. So she moved it a bit and that stopped happening. The pain kept subsiding, so she would move the thing a tiny bit. It has 5 levels, we got up to level 3. The higher the level, the greater the pain, but the more effective it is. I had no pain when I left, and she said that was because the pain receptors were in shock. I went home and iced it like she said to. It feels the same as ever tonight (pain is back). Next week I will be more vigilant and have the technician move the head on the machine more quickly every time the pain subsides, or turn up the level. I go 3 times, one week apart. Then if after 6 weeks there is no improvement, I go back for 2 more treatments.

By the way, I live near Ottawa, Canada. They have the machine there for 6 mos. ending in July, but if it works out for them they may keep it longer. It is on a trial basis. This is why I opted to go for it now, rather than wait. I don't want to have to go to Toronto (4 hours drive) if they get rid of it.

I will keep you posted as my treatments continue. I have been advised not to run so I have taken up bicycling.

Astrid,

Astrid Bierworth on 5/04/00 at 13:57 (019855)

To read about my latest experiences with Sonorex, please see thread with Trish above.

Astrid.

NanaFitz on 5/04/00 at 15:26 (019857)

May I please ask for any info on exactly what Sonocur Sonorex is or does? I've seen a few references to it. Also, has anyone had any experience with acupuncture, good or bad? Thanks...and thanks for the info on the computer virus. MsFitz aka NanaFitz
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

avid L on 5/05/00 at 12:04 (019903)

Thank you for your interest. For a full descrption of the Siemens Sonocur offered by Sonorex Therapy Centers in Canada, please see http://www.sonorex.com