Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

WHAT?????

Posted by VickiJ on 4/21/00 at 00:00 (019089)

Good Grief Bob! How on earth did you read into my post 'instant cure'????????????? I said no such thing. But, I will say here and now that I couldn't put weight on my foot, stretched it and could take a few steps....and after months of a regimine of stretching, etc (as I described in my first post) I was able to take increasing numbers of steps and had less and less pain. AFter gentle stretching there was a relief from the pain, but then a return of the pain...until, as I said before, there was finally a huge reduction in pain that allowed me to walk.
Vote for or against this post to be in 'The best of heelspurs.com.' vote=2
Voter identities: att.net redconnect.net

Re: WHAT?????

Bob G. on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019143)

Well, Vickie, I am glad for any progress we all make.

Stretching can damage as well as promote well being. I personally have found stretching to be detrimental to healing when my PF was hurting. That was because the stretching was re-injuring the PF. After months of rest, I was then able to resume stretching.

I still don't understand when in a state of injury that stretcing can help. I had to rest and let it heal.
Vote for or against this post. vote=1
Voter identities: att.net

alan k on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019150)

The stretching can warm up the muscles, and iron out the p fascia from the micro-tear repairs that happen in the night. When the p fascia repairs itself it layers down fibers in an emergency mode which is a random pattern to create tensile strength. Ordinary fibers are in a nice lengthwise pattern, and stretching (and massage) can break up the 'adhesions' and help return the pf to normal fiber structure. A stretch in the morning is gentler than full weight walking, which is serious stress, and so eases one into the stress.

It is another version of the nightsplint, in that regard.

alan k
Vote for or against this post. vote=0

Bob G. on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019143)

Well, Vickie, I am glad for any progress we all make.

Stretching can damage as well as promote well being. I personally have found stretching to be detrimental to healing when my PF was hurting. That was because the stretching was re-injuring the PF. After months of rest, I was then able to resume stretching.

I still don't understand when in a state of injury that stretcing can help. I had to rest and let it heal.
Vote for or against this post. vote=1
Voter identities: att.net

alan k on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019150)

The stretching can warm up the muscles, and iron out the p fascia from the micro-tear repairs that happen in the night. When the p fascia repairs itself it layers down fibers in an emergency mode which is a random pattern to create tensile strength. Ordinary fibers are in a nice lengthwise pattern, and stretching (and massage) can break up the 'adhesions' and help return the pf to normal fiber structure. A stretch in the morning is gentler than full weight walking, which is serious stress, and so eases one into the stress.

It is another version of the nightsplint, in that regard.

alan k
Vote for or against this post. vote=0