Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interesting Therapy Products

Posted by BJC on 4/21/00 at 00:00 (019101)

In a recent issue of an OT magazine, I came across 2 products which may be of interest to some of you. I have never tried these products, have no personal or financial interest in them, but thought they could be related to some products you are using:

1. 'Kinesio taping: 2 days of lab experience to learn effective application for Kinesio Tape, an elasticized hypoallergenic tape that works with the fascial, lymphatic and musculoskeletal systems. Proper taping to decrease muscle tightness, increase joint proprioception, relieve pain, modify scar, correct joint problems and manage edema are presented. Taught by Certified Kinesio Tape Instructors. Contact: Keep Pace; 1-877-386-6469. http://www.KeepPaceSeminars.com '

2. Therapeutic Pain Rub: Stimulates Circulation, Improves Blood Flow. Double blind clinical studies started in Feb 2000. Call for your FREE samples and Professional Pak today. 1-800-LES-PAIN

I hope they will acommodate non-therapists if you are interested, or pass this info on to your PTs.
Vote for or against this post. vote=2
Voter identities: aol.com solar.sky.net

Re: Interesting idea

Robin B. on 1/04/00 at 00:00 (014380)

Thanks VLJ -- an interesting approach to say the least.

I do have a pedorthist in the town where I live -- he's a nasty old bugger as a person, but he does good work, has a good rep, has been in business a long time. Actually, a second pedorthist just came to town to give him some competition. I hadn't much thought about getting a custom insert made for my shoes -- but that's really quite a clever idea. Better than the $30 OTC stuff being sold, and definitely less costly than the $350 custom orthotic jobs. Plus, I could probably come real close to that Birkenstock comfort. I'll nose around with these two local guys and keep you posted. Thanks for the creative thinking.

Re: Interesting idea

Robin B. on 1/04/00 at 00:00 (014380)

Thanks VLJ -- an interesting approach to say the least.

I do have a pedorthist in the town where I live -- he's a nasty old bugger as a person, but he does good work, has a good rep, has been in business a long time. Actually, a second pedorthist just came to town to give him some competition. I hadn't much thought about getting a custom insert made for my shoes -- but that's really quite a clever idea. Better than the $30 OTC stuff being sold, and definitely less costly than the $350 custom orthotic jobs. Plus, I could probably come real close to that Birkenstock comfort. I'll nose around with these two local guys and keep you posted. Thanks for the creative thinking.