Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Pat, I think I wasn't clear enough

Posted by Robin B. on 4/21/00 at 00:00 (019122)

Pat, I wasn't in any way saying 'don't ask questions.' I WAS saying that sometimes, even when you ask questions, you won't get full enough answers or info from posting once or twice - when there are literally months and months and months of information archived here. There are ideas and info from people who are long gone -- some are recovered, some have justed drifted away -- but the information is still good. For example, Gordon hardly ever posts anymore but a lot of his dietary information (especially about the candida diet and leaky gut syndrome) has definite value and is available only through archived. Even if you posted a question about dietary changes, you probably would not get anything as detailed as some of the ideas he has shared. You may not agree with them all, but the information is worth hearing and exploring, and it is only available through searching the archives. Ditto the issue of accupuncture. Hardly anyone posts about that anymore -- yet there was a woman named Debbie when I first found this board who SWORE by it as a cure for herself and gave lots of good info on how to find a decent practitioner.

I agree with what Kim has posted above, about perhaps enhancing and showcasing the search capabilities of the site. I too came to this board having no idea of what I was looking for. I plugged in 'heel pain' at some search engine site because heel pain was what I had. Got a lot of commercial crap -- and got heelspurs.com as well. It was a godsend. I lurked for about 3 weeks trying to figure out if my symptoms matched everyone else's -- which of course were as varied as they remain today. I know what it's like to be new and to be bombarded with info and ideas and conflicting reports. Even after you are not new and are comfortable with the info and ideas, you will still find conflicting reports and possibilities to try.

At any rate -- I did post that someone (not me) nearly got booted off the board for recommending searches and 'the book.' I was not saying the same thing -- I was merely saying that there IS lots of additional info available that you won't get by posting and asking questions, that you can only get by digging and that it is WORTH the digging. Please don't mistake my comments for what they were not intended to be. Newscomers are always a welcome addition. New ideas are always needed and useful. It's newscomers that bring new concepts and possible remedies to the board.
Vote for or against this post. vote=0

Pat M on 4/21/00 at 00:00 (019132)

O.K. I give.....I guess I kind of took it the wrong way. Anyway, since I have found the other resources (search abilities, archives, journals, etc.) I spent an awful lot of time there. I do love to read everything new, too. Sorry I was so quick to think otherwise. I should have known better from all the other comments and posts that I have read here.
I have gotten more encouragement and a feeling of genuine concern from most everyone here. Believe me I don't get it anywhere else. My sisters just can't understand why I complain, because, after all their feet hurt sometimes, too. (uh huh) And my mother just says have surgery. (Oops, that's whining isn't it?)
So once again sorry and thanks for everything so far.
Pat M
Vote for or against this post. vote=1
Voter identities: snfca020-0265.splitrock.net

Pat M on 4/21/00 at 00:00 (019132)

O.K. I give.....I guess I kind of took it the wrong way. Anyway, since I have found the other resources (search abilities, archives, journals, etc.) I spent an awful lot of time there. I do love to read everything new, too. Sorry I was so quick to think otherwise. I should have known better from all the other comments and posts that I have read here.
I have gotten more encouragement and a feeling of genuine concern from most everyone here. Believe me I don't get it anywhere else. My sisters just can't understand why I complain, because, after all their feet hurt sometimes, too. (uh huh) And my mother just says have surgery. (Oops, that's whining isn't it?)
So once again sorry and thanks for everything so far.
Pat M
Vote for or against this post. vote=1
Voter identities: snfca020-0265.splitrock.net