Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Hi Jill

Posted by Nancy S. on 4/21/00 at 00:00 (019128)

Jill, I have that same night splint and am glad it has already made a difference in your morning pain. I've looked into others since I got it but have concluded that it's the best one for me -- no buckles or other hard things or straps floating about to trap other limbs, cats, and other oddities under the covers. It feels like a muff on my leg, soft everywhere except for the underneath support. I wanted to give you a tip if you find that it feels too big and isn't holding your foot down in the right position: when I fasten the middle velcro piece, I don't pull it straight across the ankle area of my foot -- I aim it a little bit downward as I fasten it, and that seems to hold my heel exactly where I want it (my heel used to slip upward some). Hope this helps and that you keep finding more relief with everything you try. --Nancy S.
Vote for or against this post. vote=0

Jill P on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019193)

Nancy, thanks for the tip. I tried that last night as my heel does want to come up too. I think I will have to play around adjusting the straps a bit more tonight again. I went to bed tooooo late last night as didn't make much effort to adjust it. Thanks again for the tip! Jill P

Jill P on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019193)

Nancy, thanks for the tip. I tried that last night as my heel does want to come up too. I think I will have to play around adjusting the straps a bit more tonight again. I went to bed tooooo late last night as didn't make much effort to adjust it. Thanks again for the tip! Jill P