Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Treatment

Posted by ChrisO on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019196)

Dr. Zuckerman - I've just read your post about your willingness to reduce the cost of your treatment. Tell me, is it covered by any insurance that you know of and, where are you? I asked last week about any ESWT facilities on the west coast and you referred me to LA. I am concerned, however, because what I've been reading here these last couple of days tells me that there is not yet conclusive evidence that the treatment is effective - with all due respect. I would like to add a thank you to this post - I'm really appreciating today the time you're spending on this board.

Re: Treatment

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019209)

At this time there is no insurance coverage that I am aware of . I can tell you from personal experience only what the results were for the past three months. There is a report on Scott's home page for ESWT that tells you about using high energy treatment for heel spur. The one year results were 51 out of 83 were pain free, and 20 had improvment. There were no complications . The way I look at this is there is about a 75% chance using the orbasone treatment that you can avoid foot surgery or long term physical therapy which consists of
six weeks of therapy three times per week. So if you are looking for a treatment without complications, without steroid injections, without extensive physical therapy and without surgery then the orbasone treatment is the way to go. Oh! I am located outside of Philadelphia in South Jersey . Woodbury, New Jersey to be exact.

Dr. Weil, Jr on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019215)

In Chicagoland area, we have received several payments from insurance companies.

While I am cautiously optimistic about our results, the world literature is quite clear on the rates of success. The most recent literature shows a consistent 75% improvement with 1st application that goes up to 90% with second timers.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/23/00 at 00:00 (019228)

Hi,
Would you please direct me to the most recent literature thats show the rate of sucess to go up to 90% with a second treatment. In addition how are you getting paid by insurance companies. I don't understand how you can use lithotripsy codes under urology codes
I would like to beable to offer this procedure and have it covered by insurance companies but I am at a lose at this time as to how to bill this could you send me an example from an insurance company HCFA form with DX
place of service, treatment. Thanks this will help all on this board to understand insurance coverage.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019209)

At this time there is no insurance coverage that I am aware of . I can tell you from personal experience only what the results were for the past three months. There is a report on Scott's home page for ESWT that tells you about using high energy treatment for heel spur. The one year results were 51 out of 83 were pain free, and 20 had improvment. There were no complications . The way I look at this is there is about a 75% chance using the orbasone treatment that you can avoid foot surgery or long term physical therapy which consists of
six weeks of therapy three times per week. So if you are looking for a treatment without complications, without steroid injections, without extensive physical therapy and without surgery then the orbasone treatment is the way to go. Oh! I am located outside of Philadelphia in South Jersey . Woodbury, New Jersey to be exact.

Dr. Weil, Jr on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019215)

In Chicagoland area, we have received several payments from insurance companies.

While I am cautiously optimistic about our results, the world literature is quite clear on the rates of success. The most recent literature shows a consistent 75% improvement with 1st application that goes up to 90% with second timers.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/23/00 at 00:00 (019228)

Hi,
Would you please direct me to the most recent literature thats show the rate of sucess to go up to 90% with a second treatment. In addition how are you getting paid by insurance companies. I don't understand how you can use lithotripsy codes under urology codes
I would like to beable to offer this procedure and have it covered by insurance companies but I am at a lose at this time as to how to bill this could you send me an example from an insurance company HCFA form with DX
place of service, treatment. Thanks this will help all on this board to understand insurance coverage.