Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ready to try something different?

Posted by Bob G. on 4/22/00 at 00:00 (019212)

Having just read the following posts by Chris & Nancy I got to thinking (yes, I am very thankful to have my donkey back).
As you probably know, my foot is painfree seven weeks now.

Back in September/October I was having many bad days; it really hurt sometimes more than usual and I was trying different things. I always wear my Birkenstock arch support inserts (then thinking they were heel lifts instead of the arch supports that they are) so I tried adding Dr. Schol's arch supports to that, on top of the Birk inserts. (I know, I know, this may not work for anyone else, but I'll tell you what happened).

I could really feel the support and it felt good. In fact, it lessened the pain immediately and I was able to walk around in better comfort. I was thinking others were probably doing the same thing and experiencing the same result. But after a couple weeks of that I found my foot aching and was more comfortable without the Dr. Shol's inserts. Okay, some days they're in and some day's there out. Whatever works I'd go with it.

It was during New Year's celebrations with my family that I remember wearing that combo for the last time. I was feeling much better, a lot less pain, but only two or three days in a row was as far as I could go without pain. I didn't need Dr. Schol's arch supports in addition any more - but kept them nearby just in case. They did work well when I was really hurting.

The point I'm making is that 'weird' insert combo helped get me by the worst days. Then when I was getting better the combo was hurting and not helping. Am I making any sense?

1. No, you are making no sense, as usual
2. I can understand as you always march to your own drummer
3. Thanks, but I don't think it would work for me
4. Yes, maybe I'll give it a try

Please select your response to the above survey question:
Results
.option 1 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 2 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 3 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 4 = 0 votes . . . voters:

Re: Ready to try something different?

alan k on 4/23/00 at 00:00 (019226)

It makes sense in terms of what you are trying to say but you should provide a hypothesis.

So, why was it that way, or were there other factors at work at different periods which fooled you into thinking it was the scholls?

I am interested because I am thinking of following Robin B's recent suggestion about making your own inserts by experimenting with arch supports, foam etc..

alan k

Bob G. on 4/23/00 at 00:00 (019238)

Hi, Alan! All other things being equal I found that the increased arch support offset the increased pain (for me). But when the pain subsided, the extra support became uncomfortable (achie achie foot).

Happy Easter all!

alan k on 4/23/00 at 00:00 (019226)

It makes sense in terms of what you are trying to say but you should provide a hypothesis.

So, why was it that way, or were there other factors at work at different periods which fooled you into thinking it was the scholls?

I am interested because I am thinking of following Robin B's recent suggestion about making your own inserts by experimenting with arch supports, foam etc..

alan k

Bob G. on 4/23/00 at 00:00 (019238)

Hi, Alan! All other things being equal I found that the increased arch support offset the increased pain (for me). But when the pain subsided, the extra support became uncomfortable (achie achie foot).

Happy Easter all!