Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bone scan

Posted by Kathy on 4/24/00 at 00:00 (019335)

I've had a positive bone scan and when I asked my DPM what that means he can't give me a clear answer, He has said it could be that the spurs have fractured. Does anyone have an idea what this could mean? Does having a positive bone scan eliminate you from being a candidate for ESWT? I canceled surgery that I was suppose to have last Feb. in hopes of having ESWT.
Kathy
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: bone scan

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/00 at 00:00 (019369)

A positive bone indicates the possibility of a stress fracture of the heel. It doesn't indicate the degree or the entire area that may be involved. . You need to have an MRI of the heel to be more specific . An bone scan is a non-specific test for stress fracture, infection and trauma . A bone scan measures blood flow to the bone which may be an indication of a stress fracture. The gold standard is an MRI

Re: bone scan

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/00 at 00:00 (019369)

A positive bone indicates the possibility of a stress fracture of the heel. It doesn't indicate the degree or the entire area that may be involved. . You need to have an MRI of the heel to be more specific . An bone scan is a non-specific test for stress fracture, infection and trauma . A bone scan measures blood flow to the bone which may be an indication of a stress fracture. The gold standard is an MRI