Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

12- week mark

Posted by GinaC on 4/27/00 at 00:00 (019487)

I think many of us are using 12 weeks as a 'benchmark' for progress because the treating doctors indicated it would take up to 12 weeks for healing to occur; also had the impression (maybe just me) that the expectation for improvement beyond 12 weeks is not that strong and that after 12 weeks the need for additional treatment would be assessed.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: 12- week mark

john h on 4/27/00 at 00:00 (019496)

hang tough gina. no one can 'guarantee' a bench mark for a procedure like that as everyone probably has a different thickness of foot/fascia/skin and everyone probably received a somewhat different level of shock thearpy. everyone heals at a different rate. everyone would be doing different activities during the recovery process. always think about a fall back position which as a combat pilot i always had. it may be surgery which for many many people has worked. you read most of bad stories on the board. the success stories are people who never read the board and are living their lives.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: 12- week mark

john h on 4/27/00 at 00:00 (019496)

hang tough gina. no one can 'guarantee' a bench mark for a procedure like that as everyone probably has a different thickness of foot/fascia/skin and everyone probably received a somewhat different level of shock thearpy. everyone heals at a different rate. everyone would be doing different activities during the recovery process. always think about a fall back position which as a combat pilot i always had. it may be surgery which for many many people has worked. you read most of bad stories on the board. the success stories are people who never read the board and are living their lives.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: