Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Saw my Podiatrist today very good appointment

Posted by Laurie R on 4/27/00 at 17:19 (019500)

Hi to all,
Ok yesterday I was so depressed about getting all my PF symptoms back and did not understand why.My Pod said it really didn't go away the cast did help with the pain of the PF and the scar tissue but when I tryed to walk it all came back .Today when he checked my foot he could feel all the scar tissue my foot is so sore,Anywyas this is my treatment I am back in a hard cast for 2 weeks to help with the pain of the fascia and all the scar tissue,and he wants me to try acupuncture in 3 weeks to see if it will help me,I said sure I will try anything .We talked again about surgery and he said still at this point it would not be good for me he said that their is only a 37% chance it would help he said he would not do it and does not recommend it for me.

This time I am going to try hard to stay off my cast,last time I was still cooking and cleaning .I want this pain to go away even a little bit.

Also my Pod said that he did check out this message board and he thought is was so wonderful and said that now he has told some of his patients to check it out.I was telling him that I have learned so much from everyone here and it has helped me so much deal with all of this.Also he said I don't have to take the Neurontin that the other doctor gave me he said that he would not give it to someone with TTS .So I am glad about that.

Thanks again to everyone I hope everyone is doing ok.Boy Yesterday was bad for alot of us ,My very best to all.......Laurie R

Re: Saw my Podiatrist today very good appointment

dfeet on 4/27/00 at 21:45 (019532)

Hi, Laurie! I'm so happy your visit went well. Sounds like your pod is on top of things. You have such a great attitude that evey time I read your messages they give me a boost!
I'm curious about your Pod telling you not to take the neurotonin for the TTS. Did he/she mention why? My PT recommended I investigate that option, but the orthopod at my last visit discouraged any nerve altering meds(I'm with the orthopod). Thanks for the info. Stay well and feel better-dfeet

wendyn on 4/27/00 at 22:12 (019533)

Hi Laurie and Dfeet. I'm glad your appointment went well Laurie, and I was just about to ask the question that Dfeet already has.....why did he say no to the neurotonin?

I had one sports med doctor advise elavil or tegratol - mind you I was in extreme pain then. But no one else since then has mentioned nerve drugs for me.

Re: Saw my Podiatrist today very good appointmentre Neurontin

Laurie R on 4/27/00 at 22:26 (019535)

Hi guys,
Ok you know Wendy I have trouble explaining things so I will do my best.He said that it probably would not work well for TTS because it only involves one nerve and Neurontin works better for someone that has Neuropathy which more nerves are involved.That made sence to me.Thank to both of you for your kind words.

I just hope I can really rest my foot this time .Last time with the other cast my kids were driving me crazy and when I would ask them to help me they would fight so I would get up and try to do everything me self.Also my husband is going to quit his night job so he will be home at night to help with the kids.

Like I said I am going to try very hard to make this cast work this time and I am going to try to be positive. My very best to both of you.Laurie R

mss on 4/28/00 at 20:57 (019586)

Your messages sound more positive, that's great. You need to rest while in the cast, it will not help without resting. It took me a couple of weeks to realize that my removeable cast would not work unless I actually quit walking on it. I also over did a few times even with the cast on and I did not cheat by taking off. I think it is going to work now, as I am going with out more and more over the last couple of weeks, and doing better. Still have to be careful and walk a little slow. I am supposed to wear most of the time until new orthotics come in next week. This will make 7 weeks total in cast. I am dealing with pf and tendonitis, which is different, but rest was still the main thing that works. I sure hope it continues to get better. As many have said here, rest usually helps, and what I am saying is let the cast help you rest until you can move to next treatment. Good Luck, I have learned a lot from your notes over the last several months.

Laurie R on 4/28/00 at 22:49 (019588)

Hi mss,
You are so right,I need to stay off my foot and rest I am doing that now,it is so hard to stay off my feet,but I know that is going to help me alot.Now I will not get up with out my crutches.I look at it this way 2 weeks is nothing I was in the other cast for 4 weeks.Thank you again and this time I am listening ..My very best to you mss. Laurie R

dfeet on 4/27/00 at 21:45 (019532)

Hi, Laurie! I'm so happy your visit went well. Sounds like your pod is on top of things. You have such a great attitude that evey time I read your messages they give me a boost!
I'm curious about your Pod telling you not to take the neurotonin for the TTS. Did he/she mention why? My PT recommended I investigate that option, but the orthopod at my last visit discouraged any nerve altering meds(I'm with the orthopod). Thanks for the info. Stay well and feel better-dfeet

wendyn on 4/27/00 at 22:12 (019533)

Hi Laurie and Dfeet. I'm glad your appointment went well Laurie, and I was just about to ask the question that Dfeet already has.....why did he say no to the neurotonin?

I had one sports med doctor advise elavil or tegratol - mind you I was in extreme pain then. But no one else since then has mentioned nerve drugs for me.

Laurie R on 4/27/00 at 22:26 (019535)

Hi guys,
Ok you know Wendy I have trouble explaining things so I will do my best.He said that it probably would not work well for TTS because it only involves one nerve and Neurontin works better for someone that has Neuropathy which more nerves are involved.That made sence to me.Thank to both of you for your kind words.

I just hope I can really rest my foot this time .Last time with the other cast my kids were driving me crazy and when I would ask them to help me they would fight so I would get up and try to do everything me self.Also my husband is going to quit his night job so he will be home at night to help with the kids.

Like I said I am going to try very hard to make this cast work this time and I am going to try to be positive. My very best to both of you.Laurie R

mss on 4/28/00 at 20:57 (019586)

Your messages sound more positive, that's great. You need to rest while in the cast, it will not help without resting. It took me a couple of weeks to realize that my removeable cast would not work unless I actually quit walking on it. I also over did a few times even with the cast on and I did not cheat by taking off. I think it is going to work now, as I am going with out more and more over the last couple of weeks, and doing better. Still have to be careful and walk a little slow. I am supposed to wear most of the time until new orthotics come in next week. This will make 7 weeks total in cast. I am dealing with pf and tendonitis, which is different, but rest was still the main thing that works. I sure hope it continues to get better. As many have said here, rest usually helps, and what I am saying is let the cast help you rest until you can move to next treatment. Good Luck, I have learned a lot from your notes over the last several months.

Laurie R on 4/28/00 at 22:49 (019588)

Hi mss,
You are so right,I need to stay off my foot and rest I am doing that now,it is so hard to stay off my feet,but I know that is going to help me alot.Now I will not get up with out my crutches.I look at it this way 2 weeks is nothing I was in the other cast for 4 weeks.Thank you again and this time I am listening ..My very best to you mss. Laurie R