Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Saw Dr. Galea today; have nerve entrapment and recommends $$ chiropractor - HELP

Posted by Heken on 4/27/00 at 00:00 (019519)

Hi All. You may have been following my saga since the Ossatron treatment with the gang over nine weeks ago. The past two weeks have been worse for me, and the striking thing is that I have been worse than I was before the treatment. Dr. Galea met with me today and he is quite sure that I don't really have PF anymore - especially since the ultrasound showed no PF inflammation. He said that the cases that have improved with Ossatron had the PF show up on the ultrasound. Can any of you verify this? ie did anyone get better without having the PF show up on an ultrasound? Galea thinks I have nerve entrapment caused by a lot of scar tissue around the fascia; the scarring is from when I had PF. I pointed out that Ossatron was supposed to break up scar tissue, right? And he seemed to say not necessarily - can't remember what he said but he shied away from that question. Anyway, he thinks that since I have been getting better for a time -- ie up to a year or more -- and the reinjuring myself by lifting something heavy, etc. that it is this scar tissue/nerve entrapment thing that is my real problem. He wants me to go for ART (I think) some form of deep tissue massage that will break up the scar tissue. This is $60 a visit with a chiropractor who treats some sports team (very prestigious right?) and he says that after the second visit I should know if it is helping or not. I am booked to see this chiropractor tomorrow. Is that too soon? Maybe I should be waiting it out to the 12 week mark or longer. This worsening of pain seems to be a real signal to Galea that I need to try the chiropractor - and not do another Ossatron treatment. He only retreats with Ossatron when people have SOME improvement after the first treatment. Now I must shell out money, and time, and more money. I guess you can all relate.

At least I have a new and interesting diagnosis. I hope some of you can give me feedback on this nerve entrapment thing and the proposed deep tissue massage/chiropractic.

Hope you are well and getting better. Happy walking/shuffling/hobbling/sitting.

Helen
helena@web.net
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Saw Dr. Galea today; have nerve entrapment and recommends $$ chiropractor - HELP

Scott on 4/28/00 at 00:00 (019544)

Ultrasound usually shows a thickening.

I don't know about chiropractors.

I would say OssaTron does break up some scar tissue, but probably not as well as deep massage.

I wouldn't pay someone to do deep massage. I would press hard on my heel with my thumb or blunt end of a pen or pencil. Followed by ice and keeping it cool with ice every once and a while for a day. I've tried that but it didn't seem to help my xase very much. Rest and tape were what helped me the most.

Re: Saw Dr. Galea today; have nerve entrapment and recommends $$ chiropractor - HELP

Scott on 4/28/00 at 00:00 (019544)

Ultrasound usually shows a thickening.

I don't know about chiropractors.

I would say OssaTron does break up some scar tissue, but probably not as well as deep massage.

I wouldn't pay someone to do deep massage. I would press hard on my heel with my thumb or blunt end of a pen or pencil. Followed by ice and keeping it cool with ice every once and a while for a day. I've tried that but it didn't seem to help my xase very much. Rest and tape were what helped me the most.