Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

In defense of Dr. Roth and the FABS

Posted by Scott R on 4/27/00 at 20:32 (019522)

Dr. Roth sent me a sample of his product about 2 or 3 years ago. It's a fairly simple device that might even seem 'cheap', but it's also kind of neat. It's gentler on the arch than any hard arch support. If it has a flaw it is that it does not provide enough support. Someone did a message board search, etc, and no one could find commetns on it. There's more to heelspurs.com than the message board! To quote me on my PRODUCTS pages (if you've never seen and want to buy stuff...) :
'Dr. Roth's Fabs. $29.95 a pair. 1-800-486-0325. This and the next two are straps around the midfoot (arch). All 3 are held in place by a velcro latch. They are thicker on the bottom providing arch support similar to an insert. Of the 3, this one probably my favorite, but Atleta would be better if it wasn't easier to get dirty (it's more of a fabric design). All three seem to have only a little bit of support. '

In defense of Dr. Roth: He said 'guaranteed' and when I saw that I that 'that's mighty bold, if not brave' but then I understood that 'guaranteed' meant you get your money back, not that it would help. This may explain the level of skepticism being posted about his product: it could have been a reactive to the word 'guaranteed'.

I haven't arranged a commission from Dr. Roth, so it's less likely that I'm being biased.

I don't know what's up with the Atleta prodcut. I miss Dr. Z's odds grammer. Maybe I can start emolating him. flattery is the hifht form .... n um ,oh furt never mind i cvould nerdf be so original.

Re: In defense of Dr. Roth and the FABS

Nancy S. on 4/27/00 at 22:35 (019536)

You know, Scott, that 'guarantee' really did put me off. I thought, Who on this board would seriously consider something 'guaranteed' to cure us? But now I get it. I also want to say that I like Dr. Roth's statement of his opinion that most PF patients are undertreated by their doctors. That remark alone puts him about twenty steps higher on the ladder than my own ex-pod. (which puts Dr. Roth on step number twenty). --Nancy

Dr. R on 4/28/00 at 12:58 (019556)

Thanks for your kind comments.

Dr Roth.

Nancy S. on 4/27/00 at 22:35 (019536)

You know, Scott, that 'guarantee' really did put me off. I thought, Who on this board would seriously consider something 'guaranteed' to cure us? But now I get it. I also want to say that I like Dr. Roth's statement of his opinion that most PF patients are undertreated by their doctors. That remark alone puts him about twenty steps higher on the ladder than my own ex-pod. (which puts Dr. Roth on step number twenty). --Nancy

Dr. R on 4/28/00 at 12:58 (019556)

Thanks for your kind comments.

Dr Roth.