Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ART - Inserts - LA Dr. - Secrets

Posted by ChrisO on 4/28/00 at 10:00 (019551)

I'm off to the Chiro for my 5th ART treatment but thought I'd get a board 'fix' first. I'll throw my two cents worth in here on some questions I read about:
ART (Active Response Therapy)- is a VERY DEEP massage (Sorry, Scott, there is no way I could reproduce it on my own). I honestly am finding some improvement even though the initial few treatments were quite painful. I'm beginning to notice that I don't feel as many scar-tissue lumps and bumps. My Chiro is covered by my insurance.

Hard Inserts - I'm totally agreeing with most here - I'm on my fourth pair. These ones are supposed to be more cushion and less rigidity but I'm beginning to think that even they are too much.

Now - you heard it here first......we all want to know about Dr. R's FABS so I'm going to be the board's guinea (had to go to the Webster's on that one) pig. I have very high arches but so far the molded inserts are just too hard and, I think, may well exacerbate the problem. I'll make the purchase today.

Sorry about my misinformation re; the LA Doctor. I think the name I had was actually given to me by Dr. Weil who also contributes here. I'd still like to know if you have success in LA.

Oh Bob please tell us your treatment secrets! You know darn well that you can't have secrets around here!
I'm on my way to SLO next Tuesday ........I'd like to run with you but I don't yet have your success - maybe next year - if you share your secrets, that is!

Re: ART - Inserts - LA Dr. - Secrets

Dr.R on 4/28/00 at 13:05 (019557)

Read your comments thanks for being the guinea pig.
I trained with Dr. Weil in Chicago for my third year of foot and ankle residency. He is an excellent Dr.
Thanks.
Dr. Roth

ChrisO on 4/28/00 at 14:31 (019566)

Dr. R - is that the same Dr. Weil of current diet/Oprah infamy?

Dr. R on 5/01/00 at 12:31 (019712)

No. Lowell S. Weil out of Chicago

Dr.R on 4/28/00 at 13:05 (019557)

Read your comments thanks for being the guinea pig.
I trained with Dr. Weil in Chicago for my third year of foot and ankle residency. He is an excellent Dr.
Thanks.
Dr. Roth

ChrisO on 4/28/00 at 14:31 (019566)

Dr. R - is that the same Dr. Weil of current diet/Oprah infamy?

Dr. R on 5/01/00 at 12:31 (019712)

No. Lowell S. Weil out of Chicago