Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

any PF'ers with 2 year olds?

Posted by mary b on 4/30/00 at 16:30 (019657)

I've had PF for 9 months now and the many Doc visits have only helped temporarily. The main reason being the I have children, the youngest is 2 and they keep me hopping all the time. I try to limit my running around with them, and I use ice & ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. I have PF in both feet, but have only one removeable cast, which I've had to use quite often because the kids just keep me going. Anyone out there with similar experiences have any suggestions? I really don't want to have surgery, but if we are ever to have any more children I can't imagine continuing with the pain that I'm having...if this is the only option to my PF relief!

Thanks, Mary

Re: any PF'ers with 2 year olds?

Bob G. on 4/30/00 at 18:30 (019665)

I don't have kids, but you are no different. You need to rest those feet before they can heal. Search this board for specifics. Good luck!

Kim B. on 5/01/00 at 08:44 (019697)

Hi Mary,

I've had PF since my 4 year old was 3years old, so I know of what you speak. It's as if my son has radar locked on me, and the minute I sit down to take a load off or ice my feet, here comes the 'I need...' or 'I want...', and here I thought I had covered all the basis. Oh well, at least he is finally old enough to answer the phone and bring it to me. That helps a little.

I cringe every time I have to say to him, 'Mommy can't do (this or that) right now, I have to rest my feet.' It's tough with little ones around. You want to set a shinning example, but your feet aren't up to the challenge. I hate to tell my son that my feet hurt all the time, but I also hate for him to get the impression that I'm lazy. Finding a happy medium is tough.

Bob offers a much needed reminder. Stay off those feet as much as possible, whoever we are, and whatever our life demands are.

Regards, Kim B.

Bob G. on 4/30/00 at 18:30 (019665)

I don't have kids, but you are no different. You need to rest those feet before they can heal. Search this board for specifics. Good luck!

Kim B. on 5/01/00 at 08:44 (019697)

Hi Mary,

I've had PF since my 4 year old was 3years old, so I know of what you speak. It's as if my son has radar locked on me, and the minute I sit down to take a load off or ice my feet, here comes the 'I need...' or 'I want...', and here I thought I had covered all the basis. Oh well, at least he is finally old enough to answer the phone and bring it to me. That helps a little.

I cringe every time I have to say to him, 'Mommy can't do (this or that) right now, I have to rest my feet.' It's tough with little ones around. You want to set a shinning example, but your feet aren't up to the challenge. I hate to tell my son that my feet hurt all the time, but I also hate for him to get the impression that I'm lazy. Finding a happy medium is tough.

Bob offers a much needed reminder. Stay off those feet as much as possible, whoever we are, and whatever our life demands are.

Regards, Kim B.