Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stretching?looking for answers!

Posted by scottak on 4/30/00 at 17:50 (019660)

what is the best stretch or routine before, during and after my softball games? sometimes we play 5-8 games on saturday. the season is starting and i'd like some input. thanks in advance.

Re: stretching?looking for answers!

Bob G. on 4/30/00 at 18:27 (019663)

hello, scottak! i'd say the footflex; it involves two good streches, bent leg and staight leg. There are many other stretches that may me appropriate, but i would include these two. hope you can steal home!

you can find the footflex on this site.

john h on 5/01/00 at 09:06 (019701)

bob buddy: i doubt any of the poor souls on this board play softball. most of us have trouble walking to the store. the last time i played fast pitch soft ball the pitcher could bring it at nearly 100mph . there was not a lot of hitting going on and the only stretch you needed was to get out of the way of the inside pitch.

Bob G. on 4/30/00 at 18:27 (019663)

hello, scottak! i'd say the footflex; it involves two good streches, bent leg and staight leg. There are many other stretches that may me appropriate, but i would include these two. hope you can steal home!

you can find the footflex on this site.

john h on 5/01/00 at 09:06 (019701)

bob buddy: i doubt any of the poor souls on this board play softball. most of us have trouble walking to the store. the last time i played fast pitch soft ball the pitcher could bring it at nearly 100mph . there was not a lot of hitting going on and the only stretch you needed was to get out of the way of the inside pitch.