Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

going to get some rest

Posted by john h on 5/02/00 at 10:59 (019767)

a week from this saturday i am headed to destin, florida for what i hope will be a week of 'resting the feet'. i plan on sitting on the beach and just watch the babes go by. with my dark glasses my wife does not know what i am looking at. i will probably suffer some sort of withdrawall symptoms from not reading this board. that is sort of a sad commentary on my life. scott was in destin a few weeks ago and that is a big hangout for canadians during the winter (we call them snow birds). in the past i worried about what golf shoes to pack or what running gear. now i wonder if birks will work on the beach or should i bury my feet in the sand. i will not be doing any para sailing or bungee jumping.

Re: going to get some rest

Cheryl/Boston on 5/02/00 at 12:16 (019772)

have a good rest John and relax.. I went to Florida last month and it was the best rest I've had since this nightmare started...plan on nothing but sitting around or laying around... I did and I felt better....wish I was back there!!.

Nancy S. on 5/02/00 at 14:14 (019778)

Now John, I'm starting to feel REALLY sorry for your wife. Let us hear a good thing about her -- something you appreciate -- won't you?
Glad you're going to get some rest and relaxation. Is the shot still working, or are you in more pain again?
--Nancy

john h on 5/02/00 at 18:04 (019788)

sorry for my wife!!!! i vacume,make the bed, wash the dishes,wash the laundry, take care of the yard,feed the cats, empty the cats litter box, dust, mop the kitchen, and work full time. now lets me think ! what does my wife do? she belongs to the health club where she goes each morning to swim at some god auful hour like 5:30pm, belongs to the garden club, shops till she drops, takes an afternoon nap, drives a new car, and has me. what is wrong with this picture?

Nancy S. on 5/02/00 at 18:08 (019789)

Oops, I'm sorry, John! Pretend I said nothing, ok? Except I still want to know how your feet are. --Nancy

Re: John, you sound like a great guy

Beverly on 5/02/00 at 23:08 (019798)

John,

You sound like a great guy. In my relationships, I've always taken care of the house since I only worked part-time, but homemaking is something I really like. If you can afford for your wife not to work, could you afford a maid once a week or even every other week?

Beverly

john h on 5/03/00 at 09:55 (019808)

beverly: when i was a young air force2nd Lt and had been married about 2 months i came home one day to our one bedroom apartment about the size of a large car. what did i find but a maid! making all of about $300 a month i asked my bride what on earth we needed a maid for. being the southern bell that she was she advised me 'mama always had a maid'! that was our 1st and only maid. I guess i am now what men called 'whipped'!

Nancy S. on 5/03/00 at 10:29 (019810)

I still second Beverly's suggestion, if you could afford one even every 2 weeks. There is obviously something very wrong with the picture you painted and how this must be so unhelpful, to say the least, regarding your feet. I do apologize again, John. I was mostly kidding, in line with your great humor lately, but it was a stupid thing for me to say. Take care --Nancy

john h on 5/03/00 at 11:00 (019813)

after reading my own post i have decided to blame my feet problems on my wife!!!

Gordon on 5/03/00 at 16:17 (019818)

I hope your not serious about blaming your wife. It will make you angry and probably make your feet worse. Take responsibilty for your life and change it if it needs changing. Blaming doesnt't change anything.

alan k on 5/04/00 at 07:24 (019831)

As I've said before, there are pain weevils in my feet, and the stupid medical profession is to blame for not seeing them, smirking and laughing at me. Laughing and smirking.

alan k

dfeet on 5/04/00 at 19:53 (019867)

hi john. i've been out of the 'loop' for a little while. Gee sounds like my husband and your wife have a lot in common-he's playing tennis right now and I'm venting about my feet to you and anyone else who would listen. i to do the laundry, cook, feed the dog, do the bills, and work two job, etc.,etc. But enough about that. Go to FLA and have a great time. Last time I was there I played tennis for 5 and 1/2 hours a day ,and had a massage, herbal wrap-Saddlebrook in Tampa- wooo, lovely. REST, and have a great time-To happy,warm, sandy feet-dfeet

john h on 5/05/00 at 11:28 (019901)

dfeet: as i write this my wife is out shoe shopping. great! trying to decide what shoes or sandals to wear in sand is my current problem. since this lousy pf started i have added 6 lbs and my magnificient body may not look so magnificient anymore.

Cheryl/Boston on 5/02/00 at 12:16 (019772)

have a good rest John and relax.. I went to Florida last month and it was the best rest I've had since this nightmare started...plan on nothing but sitting around or laying around... I did and I felt better....wish I was back there!!.

Nancy S. on 5/02/00 at 14:14 (019778)

Now John, I'm starting to feel REALLY sorry for your wife. Let us hear a good thing about her -- something you appreciate -- won't you?
Glad you're going to get some rest and relaxation. Is the shot still working, or are you in more pain again?
--Nancy

john h on 5/02/00 at 18:04 (019788)

sorry for my wife!!!! i vacume,make the bed, wash the dishes,wash the laundry, take care of the yard,feed the cats, empty the cats litter box, dust, mop the kitchen, and work full time. now lets me think ! what does my wife do? she belongs to the health club where she goes each morning to swim at some god auful hour like 5:30pm, belongs to the garden club, shops till she drops, takes an afternoon nap, drives a new car, and has me. what is wrong with this picture?

Nancy S. on 5/02/00 at 18:08 (019789)

Oops, I'm sorry, John! Pretend I said nothing, ok? Except I still want to know how your feet are. --Nancy

Beverly on 5/02/00 at 23:08 (019798)

John,

You sound like a great guy. In my relationships, I've always taken care of the house since I only worked part-time, but homemaking is something I really like. If you can afford for your wife not to work, could you afford a maid once a week or even every other week?

Beverly

john h on 5/03/00 at 09:55 (019808)

beverly: when i was a young air force2nd Lt and had been married about 2 months i came home one day to our one bedroom apartment about the size of a large car. what did i find but a maid! making all of about $300 a month i asked my bride what on earth we needed a maid for. being the southern bell that she was she advised me 'mama always had a maid'! that was our 1st and only maid. I guess i am now what men called 'whipped'!

Nancy S. on 5/03/00 at 10:29 (019810)

I still second Beverly's suggestion, if you could afford one even every 2 weeks. There is obviously something very wrong with the picture you painted and how this must be so unhelpful, to say the least, regarding your feet. I do apologize again, John. I was mostly kidding, in line with your great humor lately, but it was a stupid thing for me to say. Take care --Nancy

john h on 5/03/00 at 11:00 (019813)

after reading my own post i have decided to blame my feet problems on my wife!!!

Gordon on 5/03/00 at 16:17 (019818)

I hope your not serious about blaming your wife. It will make you angry and probably make your feet worse. Take responsibilty for your life and change it if it needs changing. Blaming doesnt't change anything.

alan k on 5/04/00 at 07:24 (019831)

As I've said before, there are pain weevils in my feet, and the stupid medical profession is to blame for not seeing them, smirking and laughing at me. Laughing and smirking.

alan k

dfeet on 5/04/00 at 19:53 (019867)

hi john. i've been out of the 'loop' for a little while. Gee sounds like my husband and your wife have a lot in common-he's playing tennis right now and I'm venting about my feet to you and anyone else who would listen. i to do the laundry, cook, feed the dog, do the bills, and work two job, etc.,etc. But enough about that. Go to FLA and have a great time. Last time I was there I played tennis for 5 and 1/2 hours a day ,and had a massage, herbal wrap-Saddlebrook in Tampa- wooo, lovely. REST, and have a great time-To happy,warm, sandy feet-dfeet

john h on 5/05/00 at 11:28 (019901)

dfeet: as i write this my wife is out shoe shopping. great! trying to decide what shoes or sandals to wear in sand is my current problem. since this lousy pf started i have added 6 lbs and my magnificient body may not look so magnificient anymore.