Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

10 Weeks Post-OssaTron

Posted by Karen K on 5/02/00 at 18:52 (019791)

Hi All,
I've been having good days and bad days but, the bad days are becomming fewer and fewer. I still have pain but, it is a tolerable pain which is much better then pre treatment. Also, I notice that I recover from overdoing it quicker. I don't feel like I've hit my end piont in healing yet. The area where my heels meet the arch were painful to press on pre treatment and that's hardly the case now. Now the pain upon pressing lies in the center of my heels, at the bone.
Keep posting everyone and good luck!
P.S. Scott, great job on the new 'view thread'
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: 10 Weeks Post-OssaTron

MattL on 5/03/00 at 07:45 (019802)

I think I've had mild/modest additional improvement in the past couple of weeks. Overall I feel the area that was treated has improved at least (as defined by a reduction in discomfort) 50%-75% as a result of OssaTron. Of course this is subjective and like the others it is not a linear progression. Hopefully, I'll get additional improvements over the next few weeks.

Probably the best indication of my faith in ESWT is that I've decided to have it done to other painful/inflamed areas, mainly further up the fascia away from the heel. I may also consider having the originally treated area retreated.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

GinaC on 5/03/00 at 12:07 (019816)

Had some improvement over the past week. Am finding that I do not have the 'setbacks' I used to have even after being on my feet for a while. I can barely feel the 'pain spot' that used to be easy to find. Am definitely more mobile with less pain. Hope this trend continues for a while! Best wishes to all. Gina

Helen on 5/04/00 at 13:22 (019850)

I am feeling worse even since last week. But I guess I was not a good candidate. I feel quite discouraged and will try the ART chiropractic next. Glad others are doing well. I must say that having to lift my daughter a lot is contributing to the continual flaring up.

Helen

Trish on 5/04/00 at 22:49 (019878)

Just want to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope you get better somehow!! You're not alone in your struggle.

Re: Had first ART today; thanks Trish

Helen on 5/05/00 at 13:11 (019908)

Thanks Trish for your support. It is hard to be the odd one out on this Ossatron healing. I had my first ART deep massage treatment today. Ouch! I did feel some relief afterwards for a while. And hope it can continue. I will keep people posted on my progress. Mark the ART chiropractor said my right fascia is very thick. He says I need three to five treatments and then we will see. It is quite pricey so I have had to bite the bullet. All the best.

Helen

Re: Feeling so much better after first ART

Helen on 5/07/00 at 12:08 (019973)

Hi everyone. I have to report that I am much improved after having my first Active Release Therapy Treatment on Friday. It is now Sunday, and I am able to wear Birkies again. After the Ossatron I had to begin wearing my orthotics and Nikes all the time. This treatment is a great relief to me as I was having problems even lifting my daughter and was considering hiring someone to help - without having the money to do so. Dr. Galea had not wanted me to do Ossatron when I met him a year ago. I just wish that he had told me about ART then. I will have a second treatment on Friday. I have been doing a similar aggressive massage on my heels and bottoms of my feet in the evening. Hope others can explore this treatment as it seems like a good one.

Helen

Astrid on 5/07/00 at 18:26 (019983)

I tried that once. I called it 'squeezing it where it hurts'! I think it is worse than the pain from the Sonorex, which is a more steady pain and maybe not as sharp. I don't think I want to go through the ART treatment again!

I go for my 3rd Sonorex treatment on Wed. May 10 and I am pinning all my hopes on that (as well as the orthotics).

Astrid,

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

MattL on 5/03/00 at 07:45 (019802)

I think I've had mild/modest additional improvement in the past couple of weeks. Overall I feel the area that was treated has improved at least (as defined by a reduction in discomfort) 50%-75% as a result of OssaTron. Of course this is subjective and like the others it is not a linear progression. Hopefully, I'll get additional improvements over the next few weeks.

Probably the best indication of my faith in ESWT is that I've decided to have it done to other painful/inflamed areas, mainly further up the fascia away from the heel. I may also consider having the originally treated area retreated.

GinaC on 5/03/00 at 12:07 (019816)

Had some improvement over the past week. Am finding that I do not have the 'setbacks' I used to have even after being on my feet for a while. I can barely feel the 'pain spot' that used to be easy to find. Am definitely more mobile with less pain. Hope this trend continues for a while! Best wishes to all. Gina

Helen on 5/04/00 at 13:22 (019850)

I am feeling worse even since last week. But I guess I was not a good candidate. I feel quite discouraged and will try the ART chiropractic next. Glad others are doing well. I must say that having to lift my daughter a lot is contributing to the continual flaring up.

Helen

Trish on 5/04/00 at 22:49 (019878)

Just want to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope you get better somehow!! You're not alone in your struggle.

Re: Had first ART today; thanks Trish

Helen on 5/05/00 at 13:11 (019908)

Thanks Trish for your support. It is hard to be the odd one out on this Ossatron healing. I had my first ART deep massage treatment today. Ouch! I did feel some relief afterwards for a while. And hope it can continue. I will keep people posted on my progress. Mark the ART chiropractor said my right fascia is very thick. He says I need three to five treatments and then we will see. It is quite pricey so I have had to bite the bullet. All the best.

Helen

Helen on 5/07/00 at 12:08 (019973)

Hi everyone. I have to report that I am much improved after having my first Active Release Therapy Treatment on Friday. It is now Sunday, and I am able to wear Birkies again. After the Ossatron I had to begin wearing my orthotics and Nikes all the time. This treatment is a great relief to me as I was having problems even lifting my daughter and was considering hiring someone to help - without having the money to do so. Dr. Galea had not wanted me to do Ossatron when I met him a year ago. I just wish that he had told me about ART then. I will have a second treatment on Friday. I have been doing a similar aggressive massage on my heels and bottoms of my feet in the evening. Hope others can explore this treatment as it seems like a good one.

Helen

Astrid on 5/07/00 at 18:26 (019983)

I tried that once. I called it 'squeezing it where it hurts'! I think it is worse than the pain from the Sonorex, which is a more steady pain and maybe not as sharp. I don't think I want to go through the ART treatment again!

I go for my 3rd Sonorex treatment on Wed. May 10 and I am pinning all my hopes on that (as well as the orthotics).

Astrid,

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex