Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

why mri?

Posted by sherri mc on 5/03/00 at 08:48 (019803)

Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to the board and really enjoy seeing the posts of so many people in my same situation. I 'm usually reading and trying to understand the terminology. I have read Scott's book.
I'm wondering what doctor orders a MRI. Is it usually a podiatrist or orthopedic. I've seen both with no mention of this. Is there a symtom that calls for this to be done? I appreciate everyone's help.

Re: why mri?

cindyp on 5/03/00 at 09:27 (019806)

Well speaking for myself I think (am not sure because the pod isnt the most chatty fellow) that it was ordered beause he's not sure what'
s going on. He said he feels now that there are 3-4 things wrong with my foot. Made me feel really good. But I think mostly a nerve problem now.

Re: why mri?

cindyp on 5/03/00 at 09:27 (019806)

Well speaking for myself I think (am not sure because the pod isnt the most chatty fellow) that it was ordered beause he's not sure what'
s going on. He said he feels now that there are 3-4 things wrong with my foot. Made me feel really good. But I think mostly a nerve problem now.